Same Club, Same Debt

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Same Club, Same Debt

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:27 pm

I attended the Celtic AGM on Friday, as usual it was actually quite boring, just what people get excited about I really don't know. There was the normal financial reports and resolutions passed, there were three other resolutions two of which the Board opposed, and the third was adjourned to a later date.

But one throw-away remark form Peter Lawwell seems to have caused bit of a furore amongst the Scottish Media, I won’t mention the fans of the other club involved, or indeed the other club, you already know who they are.

What really annoyers me is the reaction of so-called professional journalists making more out of the little bit of hilarity than it deserved. Every comment from all the Scottish newspapers were the same, criticising Peter Lawwell for speaking about another club during Celtic’s own AGM, the man was asked a question, are they suggesting he refuses to answer? I would suggest to Peter, the next time Hugh Keevins, Gordon Waddell, John Greechan, or Keith Jackson asks him a question, then he does exactly that, and refuses to answer, of course I’m forgetting, he has already banned Keevins, so that solves that one, maybe he should consider doing the same with the rest.

What Peter Lawwell inferred by his response to the question was, that Rangers were pretending to be the same club they were before going into liquidation, is that not exactly what all the newspapers said at the time, let’s have a wee look at some of the headlines following HMRC’s refusal to accept a CVA.

The Scottish Sun headline was “Day the Taxman buried Rangers”

The Herald headline “RFC Born 1872 Died 2012”

The Evening Times headline “140 Years of Rangers ends in 8 minutes”

The Daily Record headline “Taxman passes Death Sentence on 140 Years of Rangers History”
“RIP RFC”

So if all the papers were saying that Rangers died, how are they the same club?

We all know why Rangers were allowed to continue claiming to be the same club with the same history, and that particular argument is far from finished. We also all know that would never have happened under any other Football Association in the World of Football, only in Scotland would that be possible.

So we need to ask all these journalists one very important question, if Rangers are the same club, with the same history, do they believe that Rangers should then try to honour the massive debts that it ran up which led to their administration, and ultimately their “LIQUIDATION” ??????

Will these journalist call on the SPFL and the SFA to withhold any prize money due to Rangers? And put in motion a provision for trying to pay off the hundreds of creditors left in the lurch by the Oldco Club.

It was also quite funny, when some of these newspaper hacks were saying that Celtic dodged the chance to pay their employees a living wage, never mind a living wage, Rangers never paid anybody, except for their players, management, and staff.

On a more serious point. There will be a bucket collection before the match against Aberdeen this coming Saturday; the money raised will be to help out with the expenses incurred by those caught up in the debacle of Amsterdam.

There is a need for about 100 volunteers to facilitate the collection; volunteers would be needed from about 12.20 until kick-off time. If you can offer your services please email [EMAIL="dambhoys8@yahoo.co.uk"]dambhoys8@yahoo.co.uk[/EMAIL:33a742e4]

Finally, the book about The Thai Tims in now on sale, it can be bought in any of the Celtic Shops, and through Amazon. We hope to have a book signing in our London Road Social Club this coming Sunday.

Re: Same Club, Same Debt

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Bang on the money Joe, you,ve, nailed it on every account ! I cant wait for the long awaited A.G.M.! Smoke and mirrors, bluff and double bluff at every turn ! then we,ll have the great saviour who has multi multi millions thats dying to throw his money at them !

Return to “CSA News”