Action needed regarding Police Brutality in Amsterdam.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Action needed regarding Police Brutality in Amsterdam.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:06 pm

[COLOR=#000000:7a02b2c7][FONT="Calibri"]In all my years of following Celtic in Europe I’ve never seen anything like the scenes in Amsterdam on both Tuesday and Wednesday of last week, it was like watching a Danny Dyer Documentary (a poor one at that).

It all started three weeks ago now at Celtic Park, the Ajax fans added to the atmosphere with their singing, but when they started ripping up seats and throwing them, alarm bells started ringing.

There is no doubt that the Ajax supporters had a plan for their home match, they were going to antagonise and attack the Celtic Supporters as much as possible, as proved by the offensive banner they held up, the least they hoped for was a reaction that would see Celtic and their supporters vilified and charged by UEFA for misconduct.

What they got in reality was something completely different. I have seen the Police over-react a couple of times before, but I’ve never seen un-uniformed police attacking fans with such brutality as in Amsterdam.

There is no point in going into a big long tirade about the situation, what we need are answers and solutions to the problem.

On Thursday I wrote to both UEFA and the British Consulate in Amsterdam expressing my serious concerns about the whole debacle, I have also spoken to Peter Lawwell and Ronnie Hawthorn about the situation.

At this stage the most important thing to do is to get the two young Celtic supporters released and returned to their families, I spoke to Ronnie Hawthorn this morning and he’s going to contact the Consulate again.

I believe with the amount of aggression used by the police, there needs to be a political reaction. MP’s, MSP’s and MEP’s should be getting involved in the search for justice, they should be contacting their opposite numbers in Holland to demand answers, but first and foremost to demand the release of the two supporters being held in custody.

FAC is holding a meeting tonight in our club to discuss a plan of action. John Paul Taylor is holding meetings with the police and gathering any information from any supporters who witnessed incidents. You can contact John Paul at [EMAIL="jptaylor@celticfc.co.uk"][COLOR=#0000ff:7a02b2c7]jptaylor@celticfc.co.uk[/COLOR:7a02b2c7][/EMAIL:7a02b2c7]

There will be more information given out in the coming days, let’s hope the two boys will be home in the next day or two, and that the real criminals are dealt with by the law.
[/COLOR:7a02b2c7]

offshorebhoy

Re: Action needed regarding Police Brutality in Amsterdam.

Postby offshorebhoy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Well done joe,
Bring them home HH

Return to “CSA News”