Celtic make history once again in the Group of Champions.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Celtic make history once again in the Group of Champions.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 pm

The co-efficient is a very complicated system, based on all the participants representing a country, and indeed, the particular country as well, so the decline in the Scottish National Team doesn’t help the situation. The one thing that does help this year is, Scotland had four participants, last year there were five, the points that Celtic gain will be divided by four, last year it was divided by five; it also works in a five year cycle.

I believe that Celtic should by seeded by the own success or failure, it should have nothing to do with any other Scottish team, in the past we have had teams like Gretna and Queen of the South representing Scotland in European competition, with all due respect, we wouldn’t expect them to achieve much with the resources they have to work with.

The draw itself is even loaded in the big teams favour, no country’s team can be drawn against each other in the group stages, so of the eight groups, 50% have an English team in it, I don’t think you could have the four English teams drawn on the same group, but why not two?

Getting back to our group, it is a fantastic group; it will be three great nights at Celtic Park against three really genuine big time teams with plenty of history between them. The only complaint from me is, we keep getting drawn against the same teams, maybe teams should not be drawn against the same team two years in a row, but there you go, I’m making it even more complicated than it already is.

Another big bonus for me is the price, Celtic have once again rewarded our supporters for their continued superb backing, with the same price as last season of £84 for season ticket holders, with concessions at £60, that is great value for money, particularly with the quality of the three teams who will visit Celtic Park.

It would be hard to surpass the visual display, and atmosphere at last season’s match against Barcelona, but I’m hopeful that the GB will come up with something special again, we were the talk of Europe last year for all the right reasons, long may that continue.

I hope that everyone that can takes up their season ticket package, the small number that remains I’m sure will be quickly snapped up by those fans that don’t have a season ticket, for whatever reason.

I look forward to hearing Zadok the Priest blaring out over the Celtic Park tannoy, there is no better atmosphere in the WORLD than Celtic Park on a Champions League night

Return to “CSA News”