The Champions League Anthem will continue for some time yet.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

The Champions League Anthem will continue for some time yet.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Well all the doom and gloom merchants will have to look somewhere else for a fix now that we have qualified for the Champions League proper once again, it might not have been pretty at times, but ask the teams that are out if they would be bothered how it was achieved.

We are now at the big table again, where a team like Celtic should always be playing, my only problem is that we are in pot four, when I see some of the teams above us who have no European history at all, that is quite annoying, and needs to be addressed.

I don’t think the way Motherwell, Hibs or St Johnstone perform should have any effect on our standing in Europe, our last 16 place last year meant nothing this year. I know it works in five year cycles, but I believe it should be based on individual results, not national results.

That’s the moaning over for today, I’m just delighted we have champions League football at the best atmospheric stadium in Europe, all the top players and coaches say that is the case, who am I to argue with them.

It was a nervous night, but we got our goals at the right time, although I would still have been confident if it had went into extra time, and we had a couple of wee scares, I think the better the opposition, the better we perform, so let’s get some of the big hitters to Celtic Park, we’re due a game against Real Madrid, or even Manchester City. Hopefully the captain of the greatest Celtic team ever will get us a good draw today in Monaco.

We will also strengthen the team before the group games begin, I wouldn’t presume to tell Lenny, or Peter Lawwell for that matter who to sign, but we always aim to come out of the transfer market stronger than we went into it, although the loss of Victor and Gary will make that difficult.

I saw Nir Biton at the match last night, he’s not got the physic of Victor, but he’s a tall Bhoy (excuse the pun). It looks like Teemu Pukki will sign today, and I think Bert Boerrigter and Virgil van Dijk will be good players when they settle in. We will need a decent squad to compete in four tournaments.

Finally, the atmosphere was great last night, the supporters were up for the match, and I’m sure the players get energy from the backing they get. That’s the way it should always be, no pyrotechnics, just pure passion for our team. I look forward to hearing Zadok the Priest a few more times this season.

Return to “CSA News”