The usual anti-Celtic rhetoric from the Scottish media.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

The usual anti-Celtic rhetoric from the Scottish media.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:09 pm

As we approach our first home competitive match of the season, the Scottish media have slid right back into their usual mode of anti-Celtic rhetoric. If some of the hacks didn’t have Celtic to attack they would have no job at all.

Gordon Waddell tells us that its Celtic’s own fault that we have to play three qualifying matches in the Champions League, I would agree that we have not always performed to the best of our abilities, but I think we are miles ahead of all the other Scottish teams who have participated in European competition in recent years.

We also had the furore over the torching of the coach to be used travelling the highlands by Sevco FC, the inference was that the dastardly deed was carried out by Celtic supporters, the latest comments I’ve seen from Police Scotland is that they don’t have a clue about who did it, or the motives behind the actions, I know one thing for sure though, fires in bus garages used to be a very regular occurrence in the Greenock area.

Another negative story was regarding the behaviour of the Celtic fans at the pre-season friendly match with Brentford. It would appear there was a bit of a carnival atmosphere with all the sunshine; but the local Police didn’t react the way we would expect in Scotland by overreacting.

I would like to clarify one thing with regards to the matches we have played so far, I wish whoever is letting of flares and smoke bombs would desist from such behaviour; it might look colourful; but it’s extremely dangerous; particularly in low roofed areas; it needs to stop before someone is seriously injured by it.

Finally on the media, we had Hugh “Succulent Lamb” Keevins telling us how wonderful a partnership Walter and Ally are enjoying. Walter told the world he will be Chairman for a short period of time only, oh no says the bold Shug, you’ll be so wonderful at the job you will be here for ever Sir Walter.

Getting back to real football stories. I am really looking forward to returning to Celtic Park tomorrow night for the match with Cliftonville, I believe it will be another carnival atmosphere, only problem with that is, enjoying yourself at Celtic park is not as easily tolerated as it is in Belfast and Brentford.

I hope we have a good crowd there to welcome both teams tomorrow night, our Celtic Champions deserve it, and so do our Celtic Cousins from across the water, lets continue with the party.

Pat Boland

Re: The usual anti-Celtic rhetoric from the Scottish media.

Postby Pat Boland » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Yep agree totally with you "only problem with that is, enjoying yourself at Celtic park is not as easily tolerated as it is in Belfast and Brentford." We were at Brentford and it was brilliant, as good if not better than Norwich last year. No need to run on the pitch or so many smoke bombs...can still bring a carnival atmosphere without. Hail! Hail! Peterborough Celts

Return to “CSA News”