Does Stewart Regan know the Circus is in town?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Does Stewart Regan know the Circus is in town?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri May 31, 2013 12:27 pm

I think Stewart Regan and his colleagues at the SFA are in the wrong type of public entertainment, they should have joined a Circus, their pathetic attempts at running and controlling Scottish Football would be more suited to the Big Top than to a football stadium.

Even the presentation at the Scottish Cup Final was a farce, they invited Campbell Ogilvie’s wife to do the presentation instead of the SFA President, that just resulted in her being booed instead of him, their hypocrisy is astonishing.

We also had the fiasco of John Brown slaughtering a referee, refusing a one match touchline ban, and instead receiving a censure, Neil Lennon must be sick of appearing before the SFA and dodging books being thrown at him.

Another SFA employee Mark Wotte has on more than one occasion made comments about Celtic employees in the public domain with no apparent censure at all, yet any manager (with the obvious exception of Sally) doing the same would find themselves in front of a panel. I have to admit, I’m not a fan of John Brown, but he was spot on about the referee.

Another very successful SFA ruling involves Sevco, they have an embargo on signing players, I thought it was until January 1st 2014, but in the SFA world they can sign players from September 1st, the problem with that is, they have very publicly signed at least four players and its only May, someone at the SFA needs to learn how to read a calendar.

Sevco seem to be setting their own rules and agenda’s, they were allowed to investigate themselves regarding Craig Whyte’s claims of ownership, and this was before a 330 page document was sent as evidence, are there no limits to their influence in Scottish Football, indeed, make that Scottish society.

One thing Regan seemed very clear and decisive on was his own pay, to award himself, or even accept a raise of over £30,000 in his salary, is quite frankly astounding, the whole of Scottish Football with the exception of one very well run club are having to cut costs, and he agrees a salary higher than the majority of players in Scotland. Reward for failure just doesn’t do it justice.

Getting back to that one exceptionally well run club. I hear that season ticket sales are up on the same time last year, plans to move some supporters had to be abandoned because of the rush to buy season tickets, the reintroduction of the Kids tickets was both necessary and welcome, they are our future.

I hope Lenny gets the deal he deserves when he meets with Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell, I also hope he gets the financial backing to sign some new players; his record in the transfer market up until now has been sensational. I think we all need a wee rest to recharge our batteries; I look forward to winning the domestic treble next year, and to another very successful campaign in the Champions League.

I would like to congratulate Lenny and all his staff and players on a very successful season, to those players who won’t be returning, I wish you good luck for the rest of your careers, and thank you for your efforts for Glasgow Celtic, you will always be a part of the Celtic Family. Hail Hail.
Always have been, always will be Celtic

Return to “CSA News”