Financial Fair Play from the SFA, any kind of Fair Play from them would be a Bonus.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Financial Fair Play from the SFA, any kind of Fair Play from them would be a Bonus.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 pm

After the latest crisis to hit Scottish Football in terms of finance, the SFA are threatening to act by implementing a Financial Fail Play Rule, I think any kind of “Fair Play” coming from the SFA would be a refreshing change.

I don’t blame them for hitting the panic button when Scotland’s alleged 3[SIZE=2:b50c4a49]rd[/SIZE:b50c4a49] biggest team were hit with insolvency in the home country of their owner, and the debacle at Dunfermline hasn’t helped either. It will be really interesting to see the SFA’s reaction to the crisis.

I listened to Stewart Regan the other night dodging questions about Sevco, Regan brought this on himself by not acting decisively last year when Rangers went into liquidation, and he has not covered himself in glory since.

He has allowed Sevco to hold its own internal investigation into the alleged links between Craig Whyte and Charles Green, that’s just like the police arresting a fraudster then allowing them to be investigated by the fraudsters brother, an absolute joke.

He has also seen the infighting going on between sections of the Board at Ibrox, with some of the actions being unsavoury to say the least, but then, a fit and proper test was conducted on them, so they must be kosher.

Another thing I found bemusing recently was the appeal by Frazer Wright against his 2 match ban for elbowing Michael Lustig, he lost the appeal and received …….. That’s right .. a 2 match ban, is that not the signal for everyone to appeal? What do they have to lose, apart from the appeal money?

And talking about money, we had the 65[SIZE=2:b50c4a49]th[/SIZE:b50c4a49] Celtic Supporters Rally on Friday night at the Kerrydale Suite; Kris Commons was there to collect his Player of the Year Award. The Guest of Honour was Big Bad John Hartson, all the profits from the night will go to John’s Foundation, I promise no money apart from the cost of the food and drink will be going to Celtic FC.

Neil Lennon also gave us the pleasure of his company at the Rally, but only after we had appealed a decision by the SFA that he was to watch the proceedings from the main stand, and could only join the festivities 15 minutes after we had all left.

We can now look forward to this weekend’s Scottish Cup Final, again the SFA were at their decisive best, they decided we should be the away team, and that Hibs should wear their home kit while we play in all black, you just can hold them back?

I’m sure we will be treated to the usual media frenzy about suggesting; no change that, hoping it was now time for Hibs to win the Scottish Cup, and with the powers that be inflicting Willie Collum on us once again, they’ll probably never have a better chance, remember last year’s League Cup Final against Kilmarnock.

So best wishes to Lenny and all the bhoys on Sunday, I believe we can build on this season and again progress in the Champions League, I also believe that we will reach the promised land of the English Leagues; I just hope it happens sooner rather than later

Return to “CSA News”