Anti-Celtic bias still rife in Scotland

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Anti-Celtic bias still rife in Scotland

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed May 15, 2013 1:08 pm

[COLOR=#000000:794cafd7]There still seems to be a very strong anti-Celtic feeling throughout football and Government in Scotland, if recent incidents are a pointer, then it is more than an isolated case.

While we celebrated the retention of the SPL title at Celtic Park on Saturday, it seemed to annoy certain people, and in particular some of the players of St Johnstone FC.

At least three players stood with their hands behind their backs as the Champions were afforded a guard of honour when entering the field of play; it will be no surprise to you either to know the three players were Tam Scobbie, Frazer Wright, and Murray Davidson. I sincerely hope the three stoogies get the chance to play for their beloved Sevco FC in the 2nd Division next season.

We also seen from the elbow incident involving Wright, and some of the tackles flying in from the St Johnstone players, Celtic were lucky not to receive any injuries for the upcoming Scottish Cup Final next week; I don’t think Hibs will need to wrap Leigh Griffiths in cotton wool against Kilmarnock tonight.

The bias was obviously very evident when the personal football awards were being handed out as well. The Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Year is Stuart Mc Call; Lenny’s team won more matches, drew fewer matches, lost fewer matches, scored more goals, and conceded fewer goals than Motherwell, so obviously Mc Call was a shoe-in for the award.

Let’s take the bias a little further; everyone remembers the so-called shame game which enabled Alex Salmond to bring in his completely unnecessary Offensive Behaviour at Football Scotland Bill, a bill which has filled the courts of Scotland with young football fans guilty of nothing other than supporting their team.

There has been much said and written about the need for reconstruction in Scottish Football, and for the introduction and expansion of the play-off system to decide promotion and relegation, everyone thought it was really exciting this season.

Well at the two matches at the weekend there were eight red cards. At Dunfermline versus Forfar, Forfar had three players red carded and their manager sent to the stand, along with some non-entity coach of Dunfermline.
At the Alloa versus Brechin match, Alloa manager Paul Hartley has been accused of punching Brechin boss Ray Mc Kinnon, they were joined in the stand by another Brechin official. I imaging when Paul Hartley was punching Mc Kinnon he wasn’t using bad language, in fact none of them could have been using inappropriate language, as they’ve not been cited for it, I guess it was case of calling each other big buggers.

I might have missed it because of my weekend of celebrations, but I don’t think King Alex has summoned the great and the good to the Toy Parliament to discuss the weekend’s shenanigans during the play-offs. I can’t remember Roseanna Cunningham shouting that something needs to be done about this behaviour, but then again, maybe she hasn’t sobered up yet since her verbal attack on a couple of Tory MSP’s in the bar at Holyrood, Hypocrisy is a word that just doesn’t cover it.

I think Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster have failed in their attempt to change Scottish Football, they have come up against barriers which they would not have expected to be there, but they have not come against as many barriers as we have in 125 years of unbroken history.

The main difference with us is, we are run by people who are really Celtic people, and who truly care about our club, we are not run by guys out looking to make a quick buck, who don’t care how they make it. Here’s to the next 125 years of unbroken history.

Always have been, always will be Celtic.
[/COLOR:794cafd7]

Re: Anti-Celtic bias still rife in Scotland

Postby Guest » Wed May 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Should that be "shoo in" instead of "shoe in" ?

Postby Guest » Wed May 15, 2013 2:44 pm

It's far-fetched and exaggerated tosh like this that pushes more and more Celtic fans away.

Well done.

Postby Guest » Wed May 15, 2013 5:31 pm

[COLOR=#000000:9e3ed761]There still seems to be a very strong anti-Celtic feeling throughout football and Government in Scotland, if recent incidents are a pointer, then it is more than an isolated case.

While we celebrated the retention of the SPL title at Celtic Park on Saturday, it seemed to annoy certain people, and in particular some of the players of St Johnstone FC.

At least three players stood with their hands behind their backs as the Champions were afforded a guard of honour when entering the field of play; it will be no surprise to you either to know the three players were Tam Scobbie, Frazer Wright, and Murray Davidson. I sincerely hope the three stoogies get the chance to play for their beloved Sevco FC in the 2nd Division next season.

We also seen from the elbow incident involving Wright, and some of the tackles flying in from the St Johnstone players, Celtic were lucky not to receive any injuries for the upcoming Scottish Cup Final next week; I don’t think Hibs will need to wrap Leigh Griffiths in cotton wool against Kilmarnock tonight.

The bias was obviously very evident when the personal football awards were being handed out as well. The Clydesdale Bank Manager of the Year is Stuart Mc Call; Lenny’s team won more matches, drew fewer matches, lost fewer matches, scored more goals, and conceded fewer goals than Motherwell, so obviously Mc Call was a shoe-in for the award.

Let’s take the bias a little further; everyone remembers the so-called shame game which enabled Alex Salmond to bring in his completely unnecessary Offensive Behaviour at Football Scotland Bill, a bill which has filed the courts of Scotland with young football fans guilty of nothing other than supporting their team.

There has been much said and written about the need for reconstruction in Scottish Football, and for the introduction and expansion of the play-off system to decide promotion and relegation, everyone thought it was really exciting this season.

Well at the two matches at the weekend there eight red cards. At Dunfermline versus Forfar, Forfar had three players red carded and their manager sent to the stand, along with some non-entity coach of Dunfermline.
At the Alloa versus Brechin match, Alloa manager Paul Hartley has been accused of punching Brechin boss Ray Mc Kinnon, they were joined in the stand by another Brechin official. I imaging when Paul Hartley was punching Mc Kinnon he wasn’t using bad language, in fact none of them could have been using inappropriate language, as they’ve not been cited for it, I guess it was case of calling each other big buggers.

I might have missed it because of my weekend of celebrations, but I don’t think King Alex has summoned the great and the good to the Toy Parliament to discuss the weekend’s shenanigans during the play-offs. I can’t remember Roseanna Cunningham shouting that something needs to be done about this behaviour, but then again, maybe she hasn’t sobered up yet since her verbal attack on a couple of Tory MSP’s in the bar at Holyrood, Hypocrisy is a word that just doesn’t cover it.

I think Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster have failed in their attempt to change Scottish Football, they have come up against barriers which they would not have expected to be there, but they have not come against as many barriers as we have in 125 years of unbroken history.

The main difference with us is, we are run by people who are really Celtic people, and who truly care about our club, we are not run by guys out looking to make a quick buck, who don’t care how they make it. Here’s to the next 125 years of unbroken history.

Always have been, always will be Celtic.
[/COLOR:9e3ed761]

How about the flares at the embra derby?

Stanshoops

Postby Stanshoops » Thu May 16, 2013 8:36 am

Joe
Good points on Anti- Celtic bias but unfortunately it is much much deeper and sinister than just "bias".

For anyone who does not know about this case you need to look into the way this Mother and Daughter have been mistreated by the Scottish establishment and services who are supposed to be looking out for their interestes and keping them & us safe?

Hollie Greig is a young downs syndrome girl who says she was abused by not only her father but senior Scottish establishment figures in a Paedophile ring.

[URL="http://scottishlaw.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/justice-secretary-linked-to-lord.html"][COLOR=#0072c6:ea30d733]http://scottishlaw.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/justice-secretary-linked-to-lord.html[/COLOR:ea30d733][/URL:ea30d733]

I think we in the Celtic family - and the good fholks of Scotland have more to worry about than football "bias" - time to see the big picture fholks !!

Justice for Hollie Greig campaign.
[URL="http://holliedemandsjustice.org/"][COLOR=#0072c6:ea30d733]http://holliedemandsjustice.org/[/COLOR:ea30d733][/URL:ea30d733]

Hail Hail
and say a wee prayer for oor Stan - Stilyian Petrov

Stanshoops

[TABLE="class: t_fbgc"]

[TD="class: t_lnksi"]

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu May 16, 2013 10:45 am

Shocking treatment, but absolutely not surprising.

New bhoy

Postby New bhoy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 pm

It's far-fetched and exaggerated tosh like this that pushes more and more Celtic fans away.

Well done.

With comments like yours , proper fans would be delighted that people like you
stay away. It would take an imbecile to not realise that the people responsible
for football in Scotland see looking after Rangers and The Rangers as their
main responsibility.

Return to “CSA News”