Gilmour has just made himself a load of ENEMIES.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Gilmour has just made himself a load of ENEMIES.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Normally when someone feels so strong about any subject, that they go out on a limb to fight their corner, they would take every opportunity to get their point of view across to a wider public, so when Stewart Gilmour refused to be interviewed after yesterday’s crucial vote at Hampden, it seemed very strange indeed.

Maybe Gilmour felt a bit embarrassed by the fact that Peter Lawwell destroyed his main argument against reconstruction by proposing to change the 11-1 voting procedure to 9-3, a move that could affect Celtic more than any other team in the SPL.

I firmly believe Gilmour is acting in cahoots with Sevco CEO Charles Green, the fact they had a cosy meeting at new St Mirren Park the day we played there strengthens that view. Green and Gilmour could have met any day of the week, but Chuckles doesn’t do anything without maximising the publicity, a bit like Alex Salmond.

Why Green is actually still in charge at any football club is confusing to say the least. SFA rules state you must be a “Fit and Proper Person” to run a football club, surely openly admitting acquiring a football club by lies and deception would mean you fail on that principle. And just exactly why is a 3[SIZE=2:e8e04e84]rd[/SIZE:e8e04e84] Division team commenting on a decision taken by Premier League teams?

I don’t profess to fully understand the proposals which were thrown out, but I believe Celtic was agreeing to give some of the cash they would have been entitled to, to teams in the lower divisions.

I also believe there was greater interest from potential sponsors and from the television companies if the new proposals were voted through, was that going to mean a new contract with the television companies? Possibly meaning less Sevco matches being televised live and therefore less revenue for them.

It looks like there has been some shady dealings going on behind the scenes, and if there was an Olympic Gold Medal for shady dealings, then Chuckles Green would be favourite to win it, followed closely by Stewart Gilmour.

So where does that leave Scottish Football now? Is the grand plan to introduce an SPL 2 and invite Sevco into that? I’m certain Green and Gilmour have a plan, but their devious plan can only succeed with the approval of the other teams in Scotland, and more importantly the supporters of football.

I am 100% convinced that Gilmour sees Celtic FC as his enemy, and sees Sevco as his ally, there have been plenty of shenanigans going on around St Mirren and Sevco in recent months, St Mirren actually removed one of their Directors for showing confidential information to a lawyer who also represented Sevco.

Gilmour should be more careful in who he chooses to make enemies of, the Celtic support is the largest travelling support in Scotland, we had more supporters at a demonstration in George Square than St Mirren can get through their turnstiles at a home match, I personally will not be going back to New St Mirren Park, not because Gilmour voted the way he did, he’s entitled to do that, but because I believe he voted the way he did with an ulterior motive, and that ulterior motive involves Sevco FC.

I think when the Chairmen and CEO’s of the other ten teams in Scotland report back to their clubs, there might be another fans eruption like the one we had last year, when supporters see their clubs losing maybe up to £500,000 because of the actions of Gilmour, there could be a call for boycott’s.

One thing is for sure, Peter Lawwell said at the start of this season that Celtic FC have a stand-alone policy, we are the only team to have played in the top division in Scotland throughout our long proud and successful history, we will still be around for the next 125 years, I’m not so sure St Mirren or Sevco will.

Re: Gilmour has just made himself a load of ENEMIES.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm

"I think when the Chairmen and CEO’s of the other ten teams in Scotland report back"

There are a few more than another ten teams in Scotland though. And the point of the exercise was to consider a merger of the two league governing bodies, meaning that the future of all 42 clubs were at stake with this vote.

"I don’t profess to fully understand the proposals which were thrown out"

Clearly not, so why comment on them. Stewart Gilmour voted the way 87% of respondents to the SFA's National Football Survey wanted.

If you take partisan leanings aside, do most Scottish football fans not want a [B:46211f2d]larger[/B:46211f2d] top division, an amalagated league body and fairer financial distribution.

Gilmour's opposition to 11-1 voting is also well documented, but what was proposed yesterday would only have removed one aspect (league structure) from the 11-1 protected area, not abolish it all together. That is why this proposal failed.How can an 11-1 voting system be fair? If this had been dealt with back in November the outcome of yesterday's meeting would have been very different.

Your comments regards SFL associate members Rangers do not merit a response, except to say that your are miles away if you think Rangers are making any money from their games being televised.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Well said, though we do not do organized boycotts like Sevco we individually must make our choices. I wil not go anywhere near a St Mirrem or Ross County away game

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:19 pm

lol

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 pm

i think a lot of fans will boycott st mirren.

let'sgetridofthesnp

Postby let'sgetridofthesnp » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:50 pm

chance to boycott sevco mirren never been allocated a ticket since they moved to a tiny gerry built stadium

Return to “CSA News”