Celtic supporters shafted again with the fixtures list.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Celtic supporters shafted again with the fixtures list.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:53 pm

The powers that be at the SPL continue to ignore the wishes of the most important people in Scottish Football, namely the paying customers, the supporters who spend their dwindling disposable income on following their football team.

I should not have been surprised when I saw the post-split fixture list yesterday. Celtic has four matches out of five on a Sunday, and not one at the traditional time for football, which is 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Someone needs to start listening to the supporters who go through the turnstiles, they will not continue to purchase season tickets for matches that they can’t attend, and that is the case for lots of fans when matches are played on a Sunday, or in mid-week.

What is the point in pandering to the wishes of the television chiefs, or the armchair fans, when most money is derived through ticket sales, not through television revenue?

We are being sent back to Dingwall for the third time this season, I suppose sometimes that can’t be helped, especially since we are now playing in a semi highland league, with five of the teams in the SPL situated north of Perth, and of course we have St Johnstone in Perth itself.

I wish I knew the solution to the problem, I think my own solution would be to form new Zonal Scottish League’s, to reduce the travelling for fans, that would not include Celtic, we would leave and enter the English League. Maybe then they would get the competition they want, and we would be able to play in a league more suited to our size and stature.

Re: Celtic supporters shafted again with the fixtures list.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Sorry but moving to the English leagues will not help the travelling fan. It would make it worth while for the better quality on the pitch though!

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 am

Great post. I live in Cheshire and had 2 season books until last year. I commute by train. When the split fixtures came out last year 2 home games at 12.45 and 1 on Thursday. Could get to none. Cancelled season books after 17 years.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 am

I wrote to Neil Doncaster and Ian Blair yesterday to complain. Peter Lawwell agreed with me 100%.

let'sgetridofthesnp

Postby let'sgetridofthesnp » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:29 pm

blame sky and espn seems they run football these days

Return to “CSA News”