Stewart Gilmour should be aware of the power oif the Celtic Support.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Stewart Gilmour should be aware of the power oif the Celtic Support.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:26 pm

St Mirren Chairman Stewart Gilmour would do well to pay heed to the old saying “Beware the power of the people” if he was making his statement regarding league reconstruction because of the wishes of his own supporters, then that is fine, but if he is doing it to pander to the wishes of Charles Green, or whoever might own Sevco, then that’s a different matter altogether.
I’m sure Gilmour along with all the other Chairman and GEO’s in Scottish Football watched and read about the very successful demonstration at George Square on Saturday, along with those present there were messages of support from all over the UK and Europe, if goes to show that supporters won’t accept being treated unfairly and unjustly, and that would apply to different situations.
If Alex Salmond was genuinely concerned with the wishes and thoughts of the Scottish people he would immediately put in place the structure to remove the obnoxious Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communication (Scotland) Act 2012, but I won’t hold my breath waiting on Alex discovering a conscience amongst his vanity.
Getting back to Gilmour, I’m not sure what his position really is regarding the proposals being put in front of the SPL, but I am deeply concerned about his recent cuddling up to Chuckles Green, to invite him to New St Mirren Park as his guest for the recent visit of Celtic seemed strange to say the least, he was lucky that the vast majority of Celtic supporters didn’t know Green was present.
I don’t like talking about Green, but when we are talking about shady dealing, then his name certainly springs to mind. This is the guy who openly admitted lying to Craig Whyte in order to take over Old Rangers, so what has he been promising Gilmour, and maybe some of the other SPL Chairmen.
One thing Gilmour said he was opposed to was the voting structure concerning major decisions like finance, I’m sure Gilmour would like an even bigger share of the money that we Celtic supporters pour into Scottish football, does he fancy a share of Celtic’s home gate money when we are playing St Mirren? I don’t know the answer to that, but I know what the Celtic supporters answer would be.
I don’t know the exact number of demonstrators that turned up at George Square on Saturday, but I think the majority were supporters who travel to watch Celtic playing away from home, maybe they will demonstrate outside New St Mirren Park, as opposed to paying £25 to watch from inside, if Gilmour forges an alliance with Green he should be aware of the downside of that.

Return to “CSA News”