Important information for Celtic Supporters travelling to New St Mirren Park.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Important information for Celtic Supporters travelling to New St Mirren Park.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:07 pm

After the lay-off to accommodate the joke that is International Football, we return to SPL business this Saturday at New St Mirren Park, Paisley.

I have contacted Brian Caldwell (Stadium Manager) and Finlay Macaulay (Safety Officer) regarding operating procedures for this weekend’s match.

We had a problem in recent seasons in Paisley because of the blanket searching of the visiting Celtic Supporters; this led to the CSA and Celtic Trust meeting with the aforementioned officials that resulted in a change in the procedures.

Thankfully common sense has prevailed and this weekend’s match will follow the less demanding random search procedure.

Below you will find the communication from Finlay Macaulay. I hope we enjoy a good victory to set us up for the trip to Barcelona.

SATURDAY'S MATCH SAINT MIRREN v CELTIC

Following today's pre match meeting and the requisite discussion I am happy to confirm that the same arrangements will apply as last year with regard to the Celtic support. There will be random searches only with the obvious exception being anyone carrying a bag. Such a person should expect their bag to be searched prior to entry. The club is happy with football related non offensive banners however the crowd surfing overhead variety are banned as they compromise sight lines. Last but not least I would ask that supporters arrive early to avoid last minute turnstile queuing enjoy the match and of course as last season behave impeccably too!

Finlay Macaulay
Club Safety Officer
Saint Mirren FC

Return to “CSA News”