Speak for yourself Mr Desmond, i don't miss Rangers.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Speak for yourself Mr Desmond, i don't miss Rangers.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 pm

[COLOR=#000000:416bdc76]First of all I don’t normally have any problem with Dermot Desmond and how he handles being a major shareholder of Celtic Football Club, I would normally look on him as an absent landlord who lets Chief Executive Peter Lawwell run the club on a day to day basis.
[/COLOR:416bdc76]
[COLOR=#000000:416bdc76]But I have to take issue with Mr Desmond regarding his comments about Sevco FC, and while I accept he was only providing a sound bite, I believe it would have been wiser to refuse to comment on a team from a much lower division than us.
[COLOR=#000000:416bdc76]Mr Desmond is quoted as saying “Rangers is a fantastic club with a great history” great history of what? Cheating and non-payment of taxes to the tune of over £94,000,000, of refusing to honour debts to thousands of small businesses, and don’t get me started on their fans.
[COLOR=#000000:416bdc76]Mr Desmond’s comments are strangely out of line with the decision of Celtic FC to vote against a Newco Rangers being parachuted into the SPL, which I would have thought, was a decision that would require his backing.
[COLOR=#000000:416bdc76]Mr Desmond can do what he wants with his money, I don’t think he spends much time at Celtic Park, he normally only turns up for Champions League matches and Cup Final's, I think he spends more time following Rory Mc Ilroy and Tiger Woods than Scott Brown and Gary Hooper, but that’s his prerogative.
[COLOR=#000000:416bdc76]Finally, big congratulations to Lenny and the Bhoys for their victory in Moscow on Tuesday night, and to big Fraser Forster on his call-up to the England squad.[/COLOR:416bdc76]

Re: Speak for yourself Mr Desmond, i don't miss Rangers.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm

i heard that quote on bbc radio scotland last night and tellingly at the end chico young pointed out that desmond was sporting a cheeky sarcastic smile all the while. id suggest that because this iteration of the interview was done off camera that he was also rolling his eyes and making masturbation gestures as he spoke too. i personally laughed my ass off. not having the rangers (est 2012) aroundis personally a relief. no more poison n the spl.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm

[COLOR=#000000:d3f11f44]First of all I don’t normally have any problem with Dermot Desmond and how he handles being a major shareholder of Celtic Football Club, I would normally look on him as an absent landlord who lets Chief Executive Peter Lawwell run the club on a day to day basis.
[/COLOR:d3f11f44]
[COLOR=#000000:d3f11f44]But I have to take issue with Mr Desmond regarding his comments about Sevco FC, and while I accept he was only providing a sound bite, I believe it would have been wiser to refuse to comment on a team from a much lower division than us.
[COLOR=#000000:d3f11f44]Mr Desmond is quoted as saying “Rangers is a fantastic club with a great history” great history of what? Cheating and non-payment of taxes to the tune of over £94,000,000, of refusing to honour debts to thousands of small businesses, and don’t get me started on their fans.
[COLOR=#000000:d3f11f44]Mr Desmond’s comments are strangely out of line with the decision of Celtic FC to vote against a Newco Rangers being parachuted into the SPL, which I would have thought, wasa decision that would require his backing.
[COLOR=#000000:d3f11f44]Mr Desmond can do what he wants with his money, I don’t think he spends much time at Celtic Park, he normally only turns up for Champions League matches and Cup Final's, I think he spends more time following Rory Mc Ilroy and Tiger Woods than Scott Brown and Gary Hooper, but that’s his prerogative.
[COLOR=#000000:d3f11f44]Finally, big congratulations to Lenny and the Bhoys for their victory in Moscow on Tuesday night, and to big Fraser Forster on his call-up to the England squad.[/COLOR:d3f11f44]

A great history of what? A great history of winning trophies that's what! The most successful club team in the world! And don't bother giving me all this "cheating" drivel. If every team who spends money that they don't have then every club in the land is guilty of cheating. Does it really hurt you so much that you cannot accept the facts? Sad really.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Could not agree more.
Irish and Ireland based Celtic Supporter and 1 share held for years.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Strange comments indeed.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:24 pm

[COLOR=#000000:535484ed]First of all I don’t normally have any problem with Dermot Desmond and how he handles being a major shareholder of Celtic Football Club, I would normally look on him as an absent landlord who lets Chief Executive Peter Lawwell run the club on a day to day basis.
[/COLOR:535484ed]
[COLOR=#000000:535484ed]But I have to take issue with Mr Desmond regarding his comments about Sevco FC, and while I accept he was only providing a sound bite, I believe it would have been wiser to refuse to comment on a team from a much lower division than us.
[COLOR=#000000:535484ed]Mr Desmond is quoted as saying “Rangers is a fantastic club with a great history” great history of what? Cheating and non-payment of taxes to the tune of over £94,000,000, of refusing to honour debts to thousands of small businesses, and don’t get me started on their fans.
[COLOR=#000000:535484ed]Mr Desmond’s comments are strangely out of line with the decision of Celtic FC to vote against a Newco Rangers being parachuted into the SPL, which I would have thought, wasa decision that would require his backing.
[COLOR=#000000:535484ed]Mr Desmond can do what he wants with his money, I don’t think he spends much time at Celtic Park, he normally only turns up for Champions League matches and Cup Final's, I think he spends more time following Rory Mc Ilroy and Tiger Woods than Scott Brown and Gary Hooper, but that’s his prerogative.
[COLOR=#000000:535484ed]Finally, big congratulations to Lenny and the Bhoys for their victory in Moscow on Tuesday night, and to big Fraser Forster on his call-up to the England squad.[/COLOR:535484ed]

Up until I read this I have to admit I agreed with DD's comments. However, your right on some of it

Return to “CSA News”