Has Keevins been banned from Celtic Park?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Has Keevins been banned from Celtic Park?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 pm

[COLOR=#000000:c7d9c1e7]I hear that Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell has finally lost his patience with one of Moonbeams Murrays favourite lapdogs Hugh Keevins; I believe Keevins has been banned from Celtic Park, not before time, and it should send out a message to his journalist colleagues, either shape up or ship out.
[COLOR=#000000:c7d9c1e7]Since the start of February Keevins and his friends in the Scottish Media have been bending over backwards to try to help Oldco Rangers maintain their place in the SPL, even after their efforts failed they continue to paint the picture of a slow lingering death for Scottish Football.
[COLOR=#000000:c7d9c1e7]I would have thought it was the duty of the Scottish Football Media to promote Scottish Football, what chance did the SPL and SFA have of negotiating a decent television deal with SKY and ESPN when the doom merchants were in a state of hysteria?
[COLOR=#000000:c7d9c1e7]I have been greatly encouraged by the crowd at the matches against Helsinki and Aberdeen, it might not have been full houses but the attendances were vastly greater than was predicted by the press.
[COLOR=#000000:c7d9c1e7]In that respect I would congratulate the Aberdeen fans for turning up at Celtic Park in greater numbers that in recent years, although I didn’t understand why Neil Lennon was getting abuse from them.
[COLOR=#000000:c7d9c1e7]Wednesday night is a massive game for us, we need to be playing in the Champions League, we need that involvement to maintain and improve our football squad, we also need the buzz for our supporters, I genuinely believe we can get through.
[COLOR=#000000:c7d9c1e7]Apart from the Champions League there is a domestic treble to be played for, like Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, and Motherwell will fancy their chances, at the end of the season the record books will show the winners, let’s do our best to make sure it’s Celtic’s name that is on the three trophies, we as supporters have our part to play in that quest.
[COLOR=#000000:c7d9c1e7]If the supporters continue to turn up in significant numbers the players will get energy from that, we have to be the twelfth man in every match, the supporters have won games in the past by their passion, and we can do so again in the future. Come on you bhoys in green.

Re: Has Keevins been banned from Celtic Park?

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:50 pm

My only issue is the pricing. As a guy who is involved in football most saturdays at Junior level I don't have a season book, therefor I like to occasionally turn up on match days and purchase a ticket, I made about 10 games last season.

I was going to do the same on saturday but could not justify paying £29 for the ticket. If I'm being asked to pay more than £22 for any SPL match this season I simply won't be going. Now more than ever is a great chance for Scottish Football to move forward, however the SPL clubs must be fair.

Ticket pricing should have been rapidly reviewed after the demise of them from the other side. Our club, and the others in the league cannot simply try to guilt trip the fans into turning up because "this is what you asked for", that is not good enough, there must be an incentive i.e. Good Value Entertainment!

No SPL match should be more than £22, the games against the lesser teams in the league should be priced as such, £15, upper end games (Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd) should be priced £22.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:09 pm

I wrote to Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster last year regarding the cost of a ticket, and the kick-off times, it didn't do a lot of good. I sympathise with you, it's a catch 22, we need the finances, but we need the numbers also.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Unfortunately Hugh Keevins was not banned for the games earleir in the season so I can only imagine he is still there in some capacity as he woudln't get banned from the milan game until the aberdeen game.

Derrysean

Postby Derrysean » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:56 pm

its up to the fans now to stand up and be counted for each and every SPL club, some have painted the picture that clubs will go under without rangers which has proven to be a lie but clubs will go under anyway if their supporters dont show up, stand up for your club and support them. prove the establishment wrong.

tyrebhoy

Postby tyrebhoy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 pm

He was in Club 7 interviewing bigBilly at Seans party ??? must have been after that

Return to “CSA News”