Time for the Celtic Supporters to be positive, big games coming up.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Time for the Celtic Supporters to be positive, big games coming up.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm

[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]Over the last couple of months the majority of Celtic supporters have been calling for Celtic Football Club to do the right thing and vote No to a Newco club being parachuted into the SPL, well the club have duly obliged, it’s now someone else’s decision as to where that Newco ends up.
[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]It’s now time to be positive with regards to our own club, we have to get behind our team now, I was impressed with the statement made by the club with regards to why they came to that decision, and what is the future for us.
[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]In the next few weeks our team will play against a couple of the biggest names in European Football with the announcement of the game against Inter Milan at Celtic Park on July 28th, then travelling to play a glamour friendly against Real Madrid in Philadelphia on August 11th, which will give our massive support in North America the chance to cheer on the team in their own country.
[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]Obviously both these matches have great significance to the Celtic support, we are celebrating our 125th Anniversary, and so a match against the team we beat to win the European Cup was the right choice. And the first team we played after that wonderful occasion was the mighty Real Madrid in the Bernabeu for the testimonial match for the legendry Alfredo Di Stefano.
[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]We also have two other major matches before that, against Ajax in Amsterdam on July 21st, and against a very impressive Norwich City team at Celtic Park on July 24th. I can’t ever remember us playing against such strong opposition in pre-season outside of official tournaments.
[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]The biggest match of all of course takes place at Celtic Park on August 4th, that’s the day when we get to unfurl the League Championship Flag, Celtic have invited Big Jock’s second in command Sean Fallon to do the honours, that will be a very popular choice amongst our supporters, Sean will receive a very warm welcome.
[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]I sincerely hope that Celtic Park is bursting at the seams at these matches, I want the teams visiting to see the stadium full of flags and banners and to hear the greatest supporters in world in full voice, there is not another stadium in the world that can match the passion at Celtic Park.
[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]It is now time to concentrate all our efforts on making sure that Celtic can compete at the very highest level of European Football, they can only do that with the 100% backing of our fans, I’m sure we will get that.
[COLOR=#000000:8a5193cd]I look forward to another successful year in Scotland, and hopefully entry in the Champions’ League group stages, there is nothing anywhere in football that compares with Champions League nights at Celtic Park, long may they continue.

samada

Re: Time for the Celtic Supporters to be positive, big games coming up.

Postby samada » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:22 pm

I have been very encouraged in the last few days with the response from the Celtic support regarding the importance of fully supporting the club at this point in time. I could not agree any more with this sentiment and hope that we do fill Celtic park for all these games. Not only does it give full support to the team on the day but it ensures we continue to operate at the highest level possible during these uncertain times. Hail Hail

gert/canada

Re: Time for the Celtic Supporters to be positive, big games coming up.

Postby gert/canada » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Excellent piece Joe, i hope the troops rally round the Celtic.
Hail Hail

Return to “CSA News”