41 Dogs being Wagged by 1 tail in Scottish Football.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

41 Dogs being Wagged by 1 tail in Scottish Football.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:36 pm

[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]If the latest proposals of the SFA, SPL, and SFL are an indication of how much Scottish Football need a Sevco or Club 12, or whatever they may be called, then quite frankly we’d all be better throwing the towel in.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]I am happy to say that as a Celtic supporter for over 50 years I have enjoyed many great victories on the field of football, I have also suffered a few miserable times, both on and off the pitch.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]But one thing I can say quite categorically is this, whatever we won, or lost, we did so playing fairly within the rules which applied to all the participants, well except for one notable exception, and that team very shortly will officially be dead.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]No-one can deny that the death of Rangers will have a commercial knock-on effect on the SPL, but that is something everyone needs to accept and move on and strive to become stronger as the result of that.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]But for the Football Authorities in Scotland to act against the wishes of the majority of supporters will most certainly backfire on them, the fans have spoken, but they refuse to listen, I believe they will live to regret that.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]Come Wednesday of next week the vote by the SPL clubs will be taken and it will be confirmed that a Newco will not be allowed direct entry into the SPL, not because that is the right decision to take by the Chairmen and CEO’s, but because the supporters of 11 of the clubs said they would oppose it, make no mistake about this, if this vote had been taken 4 months ago before the fans spoke out, I believe the majority would have voted for the proposal.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]The new proposals seem to say that the way forward for Scottish Football is to take the vast amount of money that the Celtic Supporters invest every year and distribute it amongst all the other clubs, well believe you me, you can forget that one.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]Let’s look at some of the number of visiting supporters last season to Celtic Park. In 3 matches against St Johnstone, they brought a grand total of 382 supporters that is the total figure, not per game. Dunfermline in 2 matches brought 238 supporters. In fact apart a team that no longer exists, the largest visiting support was 626 in 2 matches against Dundee United.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]So what the SFA and SPL are proposing now will result in this, if you as a Celtic Supporter pay on average £500 for a season ticket, they will share up to £250 of it amongst the other 11 clubs in the SPL, is that what we pay season tickets for?
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]They also intend to share the revenue from SKY and ESPN amongst all the clubs in Scotland, so every time you have to get on your supporters bus at 7am on a Sunday morning to travel to Dingwall or Inverness, just remember, the supporters of Morton and Partick Thistle will benefit from it too.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]We need to send a message to Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster, and David Longmuir, if they think the way forward for Scottish Football is to cash in on the biggest support in Scotland, then they will get a rude awakening, we will not stand back and let that happen.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]The Celtic Supporters Association called an Emergency Meeting of its Branches last Sunday with less than a week’s notice, we can do the same again, we have already discussed the drive to use the present situation to weaken Celtic, our supporters will not allow it to happen, and more importantly, nor will our club.
[COLOR=#000000:55deaf49]Maybe it is time for us to take the nuclear option, if Scottish Football can’t do without a Rangers, Celtic should give the 2 years notice required, and resign from the SPL, let’s see how they get on without Celtic and their supporters.

Re: 41 Dogs being Wagged by 1 tail in Scottish Football.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Well said, couldn't agree more.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm

If the newco gets in i want Celtic to resign

Seriously i do !!

offshorebhoy

Postby offshorebhoy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Another good piece Joe, There is no way they can take OUR money that we give to celtic, not scottish football unless every club can bring 50000+ to the table surley fifa/uefa would step in on our behalf. If not there are other ways round this farce such as a membership scheme idea that i seen some one on newsnow come up with, You pay £400 a season membership fee and you can buy a season book for £100 (based on a £500 season book) am sure there are other ideas out there. As always we stand alone as a support and we must stand again and fight this injustice and i fully expect peter lawwell to fight beside us. HAIL HAIL

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Reeks of masonic infiltration/collusion!!

Total disgrace. This should not be allowed to happen.

Cronies at the top writing their own rules and regulations to suit.

As we all know rankers have not been punished sufficiently, £160,000 fine so far! If they get slotted in to 1st Div they should start with -30 points.

Return to “CSA News”