Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycott.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
pensionerbhoy

Re: Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycot

Postby pensionerbhoy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Great stuff, Joe. We have the power. Let's use it. Punishment is not the just outcome. Sine die expulsion for such infamous and insulting behaviour is the least we should expect. Today seems to give real hope that everything that has a taint of the 'gone' or the new-co club is going in the bin at long last. 'They' will no longer have the freedom to shower their filth without impunity on the rest of Scottish football. Well done to you and all concerned for what you continue to do on behalf, not only of Celtic fans, but genuine fans throughout the country. It is my belief you are spearheading a fans movement that might be the foundation of similar movements that may be necessary in other footballing environments far beyond the Scottish border.

H H

Re: Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycot

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:00 pm

As we currently don't even know how our own club will vote will you also boycott Celtic if they vote for the new club to join the SPL.
After all it would be a bit of a cheek not going to Kilmarnock when our own club votes the same way as them.

True Celt

Postby True Celt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 pm

This seems to smack of "taking the moral high ground" and "my halo's shinier than yours". Why should we threaten to boycott games if other clubs don't vote the way some of us think they should? Some on these forums would be the first to bleat if the boot was on the other foot.

Blackmail's not a very nice thing no matter how it's dressed up, and this is nothing short of that. Besides, what right does any individual have to expect us all to sing from the same hymn sheet about something which none of us has any influence over? Each club has a vote, which is right and democratic, and each club has the right to vote whatever way it sees fit, which is also right and democratic. Celtic most certainly won't be voting with regard to any other club, also right and democratic, nor should anyone else have to vote the same way as Celtic if they don't want to - also right and democratic.

Some on here would also be the first to complain if they thought Celtic were being disadvantaged by votes against us by other member clubs - for whatever reason.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:46 am

Would this also include boycotting ourselves if we decide to vote yes. I cannot remember ever seeing a categorical statement saying what our vote will be. My guess is given the commercial connections ( shirt sponsors etc) we need to have them with us unfortunately. Remember when both sides went individual in shirt sponsorships the deals for each was very poor! I want them out but does the board?

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:55 am

I'm disappointed that the CSA are taking such action. Why would you take such action against other clubs who decide not to vote the way you wish them to vote.

Let them vote whatever way they want & let's not destroy Scottish football altogether.

The overall decision is the most important - not what individual teams do & they have the right to protect their own income streams if they wish to do so.

I personally cannot condemn Kilmarnock if they choose to vote in a newco as they are hampered by debt themselves as are the majority of clubs in the SPL.

Define integrity in sport? I can recall many incidents where a Celtic player has dived to win us a penalty & the goal has won us the game which has contributed to us winning the SPL - is that a tainted title; I think not!! It has been proven that we also offered Juninho such a contract (with EBT) & I do not see this as an issue.

I know Rangers have done wrong but to boot out our fiercest rivals & reduce the challenge altogether is wrong: we will win the league convincingly every season & I, with thousands of others, will be bored very quickly. Celtic will also lose sponsorship & many corporate people as there is no point watching us win by 3 or 4 every week. Players will no longer decide that Glasgow is an attractive place to play football because the first statement from new players is always the same "to come & play in an old firm game was an enormous draw"

How many mistakes have you made Peter - I can think of a recent very public one & nobody is calling for you to step down because your position is untenable.....

Be very careful what you wish for!!!!

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you actually are a Celtic but I have my doubts.

Why support clubs that don't put the wishes of their fan base first? The supporters clubs don't want a newco gaining entry in the SPL. You are one of the lazy people who are so worried about no Rangers. Oh, my god, what will we do??? Maybe the other SPL clubs can finally make an attempt at being competative and investing in their teams. Aberdeen to attract 300 more people to matches offsets the loss of Rangers.

Time for the other clubs to make themselves better and not just count on home revenue from four OF matches.

PB - monthehoops.co.uk

johnnyf50

Postby johnnyf50 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:00 am

I don't remember democracy being mentioned by any of the chairmen of the SPL clubs when they have talked about how to deal with newco or oldco. All they have mentioned is money and the pressure from football fans pushing for fair and equitable punishment for oldco's crimes. Commercial viability is the platform these people have chosen as their sword. Let them lay down that sword, or die by it, I say.

NO TO ANY NEWCO - IF YOU ARE NEW, START AT THE BOTTOM, LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE!

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 am

Killie fan here...I think you are 100% right to take such an action. If it was ANY other club there would be no discussion about letting them straight into the top division, potential revenue cannot be the sole motivator here and it is time that our chairman and the rest realise that. The newco should not be putting other clubs in this situation, they are creating the same kind of havoc their predecessors left, they should do the right thing and give notice that they will apply to gain entry to the SFL, after all what are they scared of?

John Andrews

Postby John Andrews » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:45 am

This seems to smack of "taking the moral high ground" and "my halo's shinier than yours". Why should we threaten to boycott games if other clubs don't vote the way some of us think they should? Some on these forums would be the first to bleat if the boot was on the other foot.

Blackmail's not a very nice thing no matter how it's dressed up, and this is nothing short of that. Besides, what right does any individual have to expect us all to sing from the same hymn sheet about something which none of us has any influence over? Each club has a vote, which is right and democratic, and each club has the right to vote whatever way it sees fit, which is also right and democratic. Celtic most certainly won't be voting with regard to any other club, also right and democratic, nor should anyone else have to vote the same way as Celtic if they don't want to - also right and democratic.

Some on here would also be the first to complain if they thought Celtic were being disadvantaged by votes against us by other member clubs - for whatever reason.

TRUE CELT
They are looking at trying to bend the rules for a New Club, forget about rangers they are now dead, this is a new club.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm

What Johnnythetim says is true.
This is a new club / new company
Looking at todays news Green does not even have the right to the name until the "oldco" is fully and properly liquidated.
Rangers is gone.
Newco is just that. An upstart - sorry startup company that have bought the oldco assets.
No place for them in the SPL.
Must start from the bottom and work your way up.
Club 12 status should be a decided faily in a play off between demoted Dunfermline and runner up Dundee.
We'll see the newco show up soon enough.
3 years is a blink of an eye in the scale of things, and they'll be able to come in as the new boys with their heads held high and hopefully have learned the meaning of humility in the process

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:27 pm

you are entitled to your opinion, but at least try to get my name right. So i'll pose a question to you, Charles Green can't field a team to play any kind of football, another party comes along with a team called the Govan Puddle Jumpers, which division should they play in?

Hi Jo,

I apologise; I referred to you as Peter by mistake.

Your response is not what I would've expected; I challenged the need for the vote because I do not want the good name of our club to be tarnished by taking such a stance. I didn't expect a purely speculative response.

Why wouldn't Green's newco be able to form a side? If the existing team do not tupe they have the ability to purchase new players so there is no issue!

Will you miss the Old Firm games? Will you miss the banter with your Rangers supporting friends? Will you miss playing in a competitive league? Will you miss quality players chossing to come to Glasgow to play for Celtic? Will you miss full houses week-in week-out at Parkhead?

The above are all obvious. Why are we so concerned with what is going on? Who cares - let them in, let them take their punishment whatever it may be & let's get on with dominating Scottish football in a competitive environment.

Let's get the nonsensical idea of boycotts & anything else thrown out.

I live in London now & travel back for a few games (still a season ticket holder) but I can assure you the notion will soon disappear if there is no competitive challenge from the other half (oh & Yes; there's nothing wrong with being labelled the Old Firm; it's a marketing dream)

Return to “CSA News”