Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycott.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycott.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 pm

[COLOR=#000000:a111664e]The Executive Committee of the Celtic Supporters Association met last night to discuss the possibility of a Newco Club being admitted directly into the SPL for the coming season 2012/13.
[COLOR=#000000:a111664e]It was decided unanimously to call an Emergency Delegates Meeting of our branches this coming Sunday June 24th at 1pm in our London Road Social Club.
[COLOR=#000000:a111664e]The EC will be putting forward a motion that states “The Celtic Supporters Association will call on all its members to take part in a selective boycott of any club which votes for a Newco to be admitted directly into the SPL for the coming season 2012/13”.
[COLOR=#000000:a111664e]This has been a very emotive issue for all football supporters in Scotland, we have to decide whether sporting integrity should take precedence over commercial interest, and in the opinion of those supporters canvassed by us up until now that is the case.
[COLOR=#000000:a111664e]We understand the need for chairmen of clubs to balance their books to the best of their ability, but that must be done by operating in an honest and fair market, one or more club’s can’t be allowed to operate with an unfair advantage.
[COLOR=#000000:a111664e]We are calling on all Chairmen and CEO’s in the SPL to vote for honesty and integrity, a clear and appropriate punishment must be imposed on any club who fail to operate in that manner, irrespective of which particular club that happens to be.
[COLOR=#000000:a111664e]The Celtic Supporters contribute a considerable percentage of the finances generated within Scottish Football; we will not continue to support clubs who put their own interests before the basic principles of sporting integrity.

Re: Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycot

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:40 pm

to right get them out

Re: Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycot

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Surely 24th June

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Jim, well spotted, thanks mate.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm disappointed that the CSA are taking such action. Why would you take such action against other clubs who decide not to vote the way you wish them to vote.

Let them vote whatever way they want & let's not destroy Scottish football altogether.

The overall decision is the most important - not what individual teams do & they have the right to protect their own income streams if they wish to do so.

I personally cannot condemn Kilmarnock if they choose to vote in a newco as they are hampered by debt themselves as are the majority of clubs in the SPL.

Define integrity in sport? I can recall many incidents where a Celtic player has dived to win us a penalty & the goal has won us the game which has contributed to us winning the SPL - is that a tainted title; I think not!! It has been proven that we also offered Juninho such a contract (with EBT) & I do not see this as an issue.

I know Rangers have done wrong but to boot out our fiercest rivals & reduce the challenge altogether is wrong: we will win the league convincingly every season & I, with thousands of others, will be bored very quickly. Celtic will also lose sponsorship & many corporate people as there is no point watching us win by 3 or 4 every week. Players will no longer decide that Glasgow is an attractive place to play football because the first statement from new players is always the same "to come & play in an old firm game was an enormous draw"

How many mistakes have you made Peter - I can think of a recent very public one & nobody is calling for you to step down because your position is untenable.....

Be very careful what you wish for!!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Joe
Although a season ticket holder I m living overseas at the moment. Can I just suggest that the priority for any selective bhoycott could be loud and clear confirmation that our registered supporters clubs would bhoycott visits to the newco's stadium first and foremost! I just feel that only killing off peripheral symptoms and the other lessor traitors against sporting integrity and ethical business practices, doesn't do enough damage to the root cause of the cancer, IMHO
Hail Hail
TommyTim

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:57 pm

you are entitled to your opinion, but at least try to get my name right. So i'll pose a question to you, Charles Green can't field a team to play any kind of football, another party comes along with a team called the Govan Puddle Jumpers, which division should they play in?

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:49 pm

I hope this includes ALL games at Hampden where the SFA and SPL generate most of their revenue. We don't need "tin cups" we want titles. So make sure this is noted Joe.

Regards,

Brian Attree.

Manchester Tommy Burns C.S.C.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Joe,

I trust this post along with the outcome of the emergency meeting with be forwarded to all the Chairmen of the Spl clubs, along with the nations media , especially Sky Sports News. This is our chance to flex our muscle asone united Celtic support. I would also like to say that any club who votes for the admittance of a Newco should face a bhoycott for a lot longer than one season and there should also be ramifications for the SFA/SPL for not dealing with this farce in the proper manner should that be the case.

* NO TO NEWCO

Sniper

Postby Sniper » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:02 pm

I hope this includes ALL games at Hampden where the SFA and SPL generate most of their revenue. We don't need "tin cups" we want titles. So make sure this is noted Joe.

Regards,

Brian Attree.

Manchester Tommy Burns C.S.C.

Return to “CSA News”