Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycott.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Lachie Mor

Re: Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycot

Postby Lachie Mor » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:48 pm

This is a grave tactical error in my opinion. The huns are already unpopular with a significant portion of the fans of other clubs and pressure on those boards is being applied. The actions and bully boy tactics of Jardine et al have alienated just about every club's supporters and the signs were that newco would lose the vote anyway.

Had this not been the case then the proposed action could have kicked in anyway, but showing your hand while the game continues is poor poker. Everyone knows where the Celtic support stand on this issue, all that this proposal does is annoy other folk who were actually - for once - aligned with Celtic's fans in their dislike for Zombie Rangers - or whatever they may be called.

I hope that delegates to the meeting vote this proposal down and let Celtic deal with the issues at hand. Should things go against our hopes then the option of action remains. No one likes a bully as has been shown in recent months. Celtic supporters should keep their powder dry - a vote for re-entry will light the blue touch paper for the whole game in Scotland.

Re: Celtic Supporters Association calls Emergency Meeting to vote on Selective Boycot

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:58 pm

dundee utd and hearts have now gone public and following the wishes of their fans will be voting against the newco , my biggest fear is two more clubs vote also this way leaving one more vote to send them to division 3 . with celtic keeping their powder dry and no comments on this matter how will we vote ? will celtic listen to the support or will the old firm tag ring true , make no mistake this is the biggest decision ever to be made in scottish football and it is simply integrity versus finance with most clubs inevitably downsizing at best or liquidation at worst , can see hibs and aberdeen also voting no leaving 1 vote to veto them, if we do not vote against the newco and back the others we will face ridicule and revulsion for ever by these clubs though in hearts case we get that now , celtic stand to lose more money than any other team if we dont play rangers/ newco for 3 years which will increase the need for good runs in europe in the coming seasons to keep or attract players , whatever happens things are looking bleak for scottish football .

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Fingers crossed the CSA members see the light here. I assume the organisation will respect the democratic process today. As such, they should respect the right of other clubs to make their own decisions without fear of bullying tactics from Celtic support. this is the very cornerstone of any democratic process. I am speaking as a Dundee utd. Fan so obviously we are 'safe' from this tactic but the very idea stinks and goes against everything I believed Celtic, fans and club stand for. It is a Rangers tactic. If Celtic fans hate being part of the 'old firm' then don't behave in the manner which caused the phrase to originate in the first place. Celtic fans do have some credibility with many small clubs and their more enlightened fans but this action would a permanent stain. And my entire family are Celtic fans. All are embarrassed by this potential attempt to destroy individual freedom. Leave the clubs alone. Pressure? Sure. Threats? Away to Ibrox with you.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 pm

You do realise you could end up boycotting your own team? The rest of us on the SPL have worked with our own clubs to make our views clear - you only have to look at the season ticket queues at Tannadice on Friday after United's announcement on Thursday night. You seem to be putting pressure on OTHER clubs when your own has not declared its position.

Return to “CSA News”