Another fixture shambles for the Celtic supporters.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Another fixture shambles for the Celtic supporters.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:23 pm

[COLOR=#000000:4d46a1af]I looked at the fixtures for the coming season this morning with a slight sense of justice with the inclusion of Club 12 instead of Rangers, but in closer examination it looks like it is another shambles for the Celtic supporters.
[COLOR=#000000:4d46a1af]After we unfurl the League Flag against Aberdeen on August 4th, we have the game against Real Madrid in Philadelphia on August 11th, and then it starts to get messy, we are being asked to go to Dingwall and Inverness in consecutive weeks on August 18th and 25th.
[COLOR=#000000:4d46a1af]What has happened to the days when some guy sat down with a pencil and managed to work out the fixtures so that you played home and away matches on consecutive weeks, during this coming season we have consecutive home matches, and consecutive away fixtures on five occasions, and that would have been six occasions if not for the Real Madrid match.
[COLOR=#000000:4d46a1af]It is time we as Celtic supporters took a stand on these issues, we will have other reasons to voice our opinion in the coming weeks with regards to the proposed Rangers Newco, but we must also speak out when it comes to unreasonable fixture list..
[COLOR=#000000:4d46a1af]In an age of austerity due to the global recession everyone but the rich has had to adjust their particular lifestyle, Celtic supporters are no different, so why are the SPL not trying to spread the cost of attending away matches by the biggest support in Scotland over the whole season Instead of in fits and starts?
[COLOR=#000000:4d46a1af]Now is the time for the Celtic support to stand together, the other teams in Scotland are going to use the debacle that was Rangers to try to strengthen their own hand, they will try to change the voting system to get more televised matches involving Celtic at home, and possibly a share of our home gates.
[COLOR=#000000:4d46a1af]We should not be weakened as a team because of the actions of others, Peter Lawwell stated in February that we have a stand-alone policy, some supporters might crave the Glasgow derby matches, I’m not one of them, give me the Champions league ahead of a Glasgow derby any day of the week.
[COLOR=#000000:4d46a1af]We need to make it clear to those in authority, Scottish Football has changed dramatically in the last few months, and it will change again if all supporters are not treated fairly. It is time that those people in authority spoke to the people that matter, and that is the supporters, because if they continue in the present way, there won’t be any supporters left to talk to.

scotsmarc

Re: Another fixture shambles for the Celtic supporters.

Postby scotsmarc » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Joe,

While 2 away matches back to back are not ideal on such a long Journey, we need to make the journeys none the less. I would much rather make these journeys while there is daylight and the weather is milder.

The concern i have is how we are continually drawn in away matches after Euro nights.

if we make it into the CL proper after match day 1 we play team 12 at home then EVERY game after a CL game is at home apart from

[LIST:4c038f20]
[*]08/12 Kilmarnock
[/LIST:4c038f20]
So all in all i would say that i am content with the fixtures this year. Lets see how the 10 go in the voting before we make our other judgments. Give them enough rope.....

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:33 pm

I would tend to agree with you, but i think there should be room for leeway, for instance if we were in the Europa League, all the games are Thursday nights. The main point of Dingwall and Inverness is the cost to the supporters, some clubs will struggle to run buses to 2 away matches like that in consecutive weeks.

Pat Boland

Postby Pat Boland » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Depends if they vote a Newco in, if they do we don't go.
Hail! Hail!

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:23 pm

About as much a shambles as this website then...won't let you register for unknown reasons. won't let you contact them once again for unknown reasons...seems like it's being run by a bunch of amatures... HH

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 pm

if you send me your details i'll contact the guy who runs it for us.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Just had a look at the CL dates mate, and your spot on with that, conspiricary theory anyone.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Just had a look at the CL dates mate, and your spot on with that, conspiricary theory anyone.

Oh FFS.

Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

if you send me your details i'll contact the guy who runs it for us.
Just ignore them Joe, It works fine, their account was not activated yet, and maybe we can now see why :-)

Return to “CSA News”