Compare the Market. Com, Why Not?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Compare the Market. Com, Why Not?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 pm

[COLOR=#000000:b39b6fa7]I have to say from the outset that I’m no expert on the legal side of the liquidation of a company; it is obviously a lot more complicated than I thought it was.[COLOR=#000000:b39b6fa7]One of the things that confuse me is the value placed on Rangers, or should that be the acceptance of a bid reportedly in the region of £5.5 million from Charles Green’s consortium.
[COLOR=#000000:b39b6fa7]If what Green claims is true and the players automatically transfer to the Newco, then how can the value of the company be so low when it is widely accepted that players like Davis, Mc Gregor, and Naismith would be priced at more than £5m if they were to be sold in the transfer market.
[COLOR=#000000:b39b6fa7]If Green’s offer of £5.5m is acceptable, just what exactly were the Blue Knights offering? It would seem from the outside that all those who declared an interest were looking to make a killing from a reasonably small investment.
[COLOR=#000000:b39b6fa7]As I said already I’m no expert in this field, but why isn’t the company just put on the open market and the highest bid excepted? Is it the job of the administrators or liquidators to ensure that Rangers FC continue to play at Ibrox and train at Murray Park?
[COLOR=#000000:b39b6fa7]In my opinion no other football club in Scotland would have been given the same leeway as Rangers, the way the investigation into the dual contacts has been allowed to drag on is an absolute disgrace.
[COLOR=#000000:b39b6fa7]There will be a lot of lobbying going on over the next few weeks by football fans up and down the country, let’s hope that the chairmen and those responsible for their clubs take their views into consideration when they are asked to vote on the Newco.

Finally, i find it astonishing to hear all the Rangers fans saying, "you can't take our history away" Aye Ready, but you can take our debts away, absolutely hilarious.

Re: Compare the Market. Com, Why Not?

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Rankers borrowed on the remit that Ipox was worth £120 Million. Why buy the company and assets for £5.5 Million?
HMRC should inherit both Ipox and Murray park and charge on-going newco a sizeable rent each month to help pay off their debts.
Obviously Celtic fellow fans are happy at TFOD demise but it has been handled very poorly by all involved.

Nevertheless, Ice cream and Jelly always tastes good watching old rankers in the liquidiser.

Another gripe, we HATE the term Old Firm, if rankers are a newco...they are not OLD, therefore dismisses this legacy. Remove their 5 stars also, as this was the old club logo and cheating helped them here.

Hail! Hail!

Eamon Joseph.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:17 pm

[COLOR=#000000:93e3dc50]I have to say from the outset that I’m no expert on the legal side of the liquidation of a company; it is obviously a lot more complicated than I thought it was.[COLOR=#000000:93e3dc50]One of the things that confuse me is the value placed on Rangers, or should that be the acceptance of a bid reportedly in the region of £5.5 million from Charles Green’s consortium.
[COLOR=#000000:93e3dc50]If what Green claims is true and the players automatically transfer to the Newco, then how can the value of the company be so low when it is widely accepted that players like Davis, Mc Gregor, and Naismith would be priced at more than £5m if they were to be sold in the transfer market.
[COLOR=#000000:93e3dc50]If Green’s offer of £5.5m is acceptable, just what exactly were the Blue Knights offering? It would seem from the outside that all those who declared an interest were looking to make a killing from a reasonably small investment.
[COLOR=#000000:93e3dc50]As I said already I’m no expert in this field, but why isn’t the company just put on the open market and the highest bid excepted? Is it the job of the administrators or liquidators to ensure that Rangers FC continue to play at Ibrox and train at Murray Park?
[COLOR=#000000:93e3dc50]In my opinion no other football club in Scotland would have been given the same leeway as Rangers, the way the investigation into the dual contacts has been allowed to drag on is an absolute disgrace.
[COLOR=#000000:93e3dc50]There will be a lot of lobbying going on over the next few weeks by football fans up and down the country, let’s hope that the chairmen and those responsible for their clubs take their views into consideration when they are asked to vote on the Newco.

Finally, i find it astonishing to hear all the Rangers fans saying, "you can't take our history away" Aye Ready, but you can take our debts away, absolutely hilarious.

hi gers fan here in peace
the liquidators do not have to accept the highest offer for the assets stupid but thats the way it is
also when this newco starts i honestly don't know about the history some say we keep it and some say we dont personally i dont care after what whyte and murray did to our club it is those two who should be jailed for tax evasion plus when we do start up again i honestly hope we start in the sfl div 3 that way if we eventually get promoted to the spl hopefully everone will see we have done our time
i am not talking about bigots here as there is bigots at both our clubs i just feel for the true supporter out there that has lost their club
BE LUCKY
ALLAN

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:13 pm

Thanks for you comments Allan.

Kiwibhoy

Postby Kiwibhoy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:41 pm

[I:4da57f8a][COLOR=#000000:4da57f8a]There will be a lot of lobbying going on over the next few weeks by football fans up and down the country, let’s hope that the chairmen and those responsible for their clubs take their views into consideration when they are asked to vote on the Newco.[/COLOR:4da57f8a][/I:4da57f8a]

This piece from the [I:4da57f8a]Scotsman[/I:4da57f8a] provides an interesting viewpoint as to how the chips might fall, and why:
[URL:4da57f8a]http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/rangers-takeover-how-spl-clubs-might-vote-on-newco-in-top-flight-1-2351524[/URL:4da57f8a]

pensionerbhoy

Postby pensionerbhoy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Joe I am singing in my heart "Joy to the world!" As for your worries can I just say that whenever I have seen a 'green' face it always indicated sickness and jaundice and funny things are believed and said in a fever. I think it might be significant in this 'Green' case too. Relax and enjoy today for "We have seen the glory of the coming of The Lord". Just for today, no abbreviations but full voiced - HAIL, HAIL!

Return to “CSA News”