Another non story from Mark Guidi and the Daily Record.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Another non story from Mark Guidi and the Daily Record.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:17 am

[COLOR=#000000:d927c1de]When all the real football reporters are in Poland and the Ukraine for the European Championship Finals, the ones who are not required just stay at home and make up stories to suit their readers.
[COLOR=#000000:d927c1de]That is obviously the case with the Daily Record’s Mark Guidi, he has a story out in today’s paper (read it online after I got a text) claiming that Victor Wanyama is leaving Celtic this summer to ply his trade in the English Premiership.
[COLOR=#000000:d927c1de]Well you think Mark must be well quoted if Victor gave him that exclusive story, but not at all, Mark claims that the story came from one of Victor’s friends, one whose name he obviously doesn’t know.
[COLOR=#000000:d927c1de]Now it could well be that the story is true and Victor actually did say that, and worse still mean it, but what would be the worst case scenario? Celtic would receive somewhere in the region of £10 million for a player they bought for £900,000 a year ago from Beerschot, not a bad return on our investment I would suggest.
[COLOR=#000000:d927c1de]It’s not rocket science to work out that Celtic need to reduce their playing squad, we need to add a couple of quality players for the European challenge, but I firmly believe that Lenny will want to keep Victor for that challenge, and considering he has three years left on his contract, the ball in certainly in Lenny’s court.
[COLOR=#000000:d927c1de]He has already knocked back several offers for Gary Hooper, instead he has offered Gary an increase in his wages, as he also did with Beram Kayal, I suspect he will want to do the same with Victor, he can be a star for Celtic for the next three years, then move on if he likes, he would still be only twenty three years old, a baby in football terms.
[COLOR=#000000:d927c1de]Let’s hope in the weeks ahead reporters like Mark Guidi have more positive things to write about, in terms of Celtic, or maybe that’s just not within his remit, some things never change.

pensionerbhoy

Re: Another non story from Mark Guidi and the Daily Record.

Postby pensionerbhoy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Joe, I know sometimes one just has to comment but it would be great if we could just ignore these intellectual 'moonbeams' as they regurgitate all that succulent lamb they've eaten over the years and are now finding indigestible. I guess anti-Celtic stories is their Alka-Seltzer.

jbd

Postby jbd » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi Joe! First of all I have to say that I just loved your use of brackets (read it online after I got a text), haha.
Typical Daily Retard story. I've said for years that their motto is "If you can't find anything positive to say of rangers, then traumatise the Tims".
Well, it's not easy to find anything positive to say of the HUNS these days, so I guess we're in for negative Celtic stories in the coming week.
I might even log on to their page on Friday, to see what kind of positive spin they put on the failed CVA, when Hector moves in, removes Duff and Phelps and installs his own debt collecting heavies.
Keep telling it like it is,
Hail hail,
jbd.

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:07 pm

every time someone clicks onto their website it helps them to generate advertising by the hits they have got so its not good enough to not buy their rag, dont use their website either.

fernhoops

Postby fernhoops » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:06 pm

The Daily Record has been exposed time and time again as not only inaccurate in the ongoing Rangers scenario but downright complicit in the meltdown of Glasgow Rangers, some of the stories written by Jim Traynor and Jackson are laughable. Craig Whyte 'Wealth off the radar' automatically springs to mind. Their lies have been nailed time and time again by the truth seeking 'internet bampots' such as The Rangers Tax Case and Celtic Research to name a few. it is amazing that some of these 'journalists' still have jobs.

Unfortunately with a few exceptions (Mark Daily and Jim Spence) most of the reporting on the BBC in Scotland has left a lot to be desired. Chick Young was actually advocating on BBC Sportsound that the Duff & Phelps should get rid of any incriminating evidence and refuse to cooperate with the SFA in there ongoing inquiry!!!! The infuriating thing is we all have to pay Chick Youngs wages through our Licence fee!!!

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:16 pm

It really is simple,don't buy the daily record,just read it on line when you need a laugh!...works for me pmsl

frhugh

Postby frhugh » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:02 am

With Victor having the chance to play European football next season, I would think he would stay at Celtic, especially if his wages were increased. If he is more interested in money than enhancing his football experience in European competitions over the next few seasons, then he is not really the kind of playing mentality I would want at Celtic Park. As Joe has posted, he is a baby in football terms, and has plenty of time to move on, if he so wishes, at the end of his contract with us. I hope he stays and continues to learn his trade with us.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:08 pm

With Victor having the chance to play European football next season, I would think he would stay at Celtic, especially if his wages were increased. If he is more interested in money than enhancing his football experience in European competitions over the next few seasons, then he is not really the kind of playing mentality I would want at Celtic Park. As Joe has posted, he is a baby in football terms, and has plenty of time to move on, if he so wishes, at the end of his contract with us. I hope he stays and continues to learn his trade with us.

hi joe, this guy guidi actually went to saint thomas aquinas. what he and others do to keep them selves in a job.. charlie

Kiwibhoy

Postby Kiwibhoy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Some thoughtful comment on the Wanyama situation, from Ronnie Cully of the [I:edb33b04]Evening Times[/I:edb33b04]:

[URL:edb33b04]http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/miller-be-careful-what-you-wish-for-wanyama.17845740[/URL:edb33b04]

Return to “CSA News”