The punishment must fit the crime.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

The punishment must fit the crime.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:58 pm

[COLOR=#000000:27180052]This guy Green really had done his homework in terms of how Rangers are treated within the corridors of power in Scotland, and I mean inside and outside of football.[COLOR=#000000:27180052]To punish Rangers severely for the actions of Craig Whyte would be a disaster for the Scottish game he claimed, so just what is supposed to happen to them? After all, is Craig Whyte not technically still the owner of Rangers?
[COLOR=#000000:27180052]In my own humble opinion he should have accepted what was really a slap on the wrist with the one year transfer ban, in real terms all he had to do was hold onto the present squad, and that meant he didn’t need to find any money to fund buying new players.
[COLOR=#000000:27180052]His biggest problems are still to come in terms of the dual contract issue, if they are found to have been cheating for ten years or more, then there should be really strong sanctions against them.
[COLOR=#000000:27180052]If you rob a bank you would expect to serve some time in prison, if you rob a bank every year for ten years, then you would expect to serve a long time in prison, for repeated offending.
[COLOR=#000000:27180052]It’s just the same with players, if you get a red card you serve a suspension, if you get several red cards you serve a lengthy suspension. It’s quite simple; the punishment should fit the crime.
[COLOR=#000000:27180052]Mr Green has got an easy ride from the Scottish Media, nobody seems to be delving too far into who is backing him and with how much money, I well remember wee Fergus getting the third degree every time he appeared in Scotland before his takeover.
[COLOR=#000000:27180052]I don’t know how long they can stall on this matter, the European Championships start on Friday, that might just knock Rangers off the sport pages, but the truth of the matter is this, Rangers will be reported upon by how “THEY” see fit, not by how the Scottish sporting public see fit.
[COLOR=#000000:27180052]On another subject, I don’t know what has happened with Alan Thompson, but I sincerely wish him all the best for the future, he was a great player for Celtic, always giving 100% effort, he will always be a hero to the Celtic fans.

Re: The punishment must fit the crime.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

the punishment wont fit the crime though

certainty as this is the establishment club

Q funny handshakes all round

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:04 pm

[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]This guy Green really had done his homework in terms of how Rangers are treated within the corridors of power in Scotland, and I mean inside and outside of football.[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]To punish Rangers severely for the actions of Craig Whyte would be a disaster for the Scottish game he claimed, so just what is supposed to happen to them? After all, is Craig Whyte not technically still the owner of Rangers?
[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]In my own humble opinion he should have accepted what was really a slap on the wrist with the one year transfer ban, in real terms all he had to do was hold onto the present squad, and that meant he didn’t need to find any money to fund buying new players.
[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]His biggest problems are still to come in terms of the dual contract issue, if they are found to have been cheating for ten years or more, then there should be really strong sanctions against them.
[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]If you rob a bank you would expect to serve some time in prison, if you rob a bank every year for ten years, then you would expect to serve a long time in prison, for repeated offending.
[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]It’s just the same with players, if you get a red card you serve a suspension, if you get several red cards you serve a lengthy suspension. It’s quite simple; the punishment should fit the crime.
[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]Mr Green has got an easy ride from the Scottish Media, nobody seems to be delving too far into who is backing him and with how much money, I well remember wee Fergus getting the third degree every time he appeared in Scotland before his takeover.
[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]I don’t know how long they can stall on this matter, the European Championships start on Friday, that might just knock Rangers off the sport pages, but the truth of the matter is this, Rangers will be reported upon by how “THEY” see fit, not by how the Scottish sporting public see fit.
[COLOR=#000000:ca6b7790]On another subject, I don’t know what has happened with Alan Thompson, but I sincerely wish him all the best for the future, he was a great player for Celtic, always giving 100% effort, he will always be a hero to the Celtic fans.

It was Duff & Duffer who took the decision to take court action against the SFA. Green has absolutely no authority at Rangers until the time he has an agreed CVA, or newco under his control.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:49 pm

That might be the case in public, behind the scenes Duff & Phelps are doing his bidding.

pensionerbhoy

Postby pensionerbhoy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Joe, if one robs the bank where one works, it is pretty unlikely that said bank, or any other for that matter, will retain one's services even after one has served the time. Forgive the formality. Done with deference to ONE's jubilee!:mad:

H H

Sakhalin Bhoy

Postby Sakhalin Bhoy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:53 pm

I am finding it difficult to swallow all the permutations involved in closing this lot down.
How can Green...apply for a CVA and offer pennies in the £.......then should his terms for the CVA not be accepted then after liquidation HE obtains the assets for £5.5 million??

If that were a guy in the street not paying his mortgage, or tax or HP items , then the creditor can, by law, force closure and sale of all of the assets.....
So....how come this is different.....???
Sell all the players, the stadium, the training facilities.....THEN pay their debts.....

We have a hypothetical situation where R'gers bought Lee Wallace for £1.5 m, they have paid £700k.....they still owe £800k....but should the CVA be accepted then Hearts will get between £80-90k back...
Surely Hearts can say...'just give us the player back because you haven't paid for him, and WE will sell him on to a championship side for £1m + and keep the money....

We are still awaiting the..ok, hands up, it's a rap, ok, we did it......
We are still getting the innocent look and the 'you cannot survive without us ' statements....
Tell me this.....WHAT IF....they are allowed back in to the SPL but the transfer embargo is still in place......they then lose 'key' players due to the contract reversals......therefore they are forced to field a virtual under 19 team in the SPL....

THEN....they get relegated????
DO the SPL say......'we need R'gers, therefore there will be NO relegation.....

C'mon.........pump them out of Scottish Footballl for good
IF NOT
Relegate them to the 3rd division and tell them they will NOT be permitted to re-enter the SPL until all debts to small creditors and other football clubs have been met...IN FULL

Return to “CSA News”