Are there any laws that cover Rangers?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Are there any laws that cover Rangers?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:06 pm

[COLOR=#000000:c2f561aa]I’m beginning to wonder if there is any a law in Scotland that covers Rangers FC, whether it is criminal law, or football law, it appears that they think they can do as they like with impunity.
[COLOR=#000000:c2f561aa]Their latest fiasco in going to the Court of Session might well back-fire on them, and if they are not punished appropriately, the rest of Scottish Football might as well pack up and leave them to it.
[COLOR=#000000:c2f561aa]The rest of the football supporters in Scotland have had enough of it now, if Rangers go down the Newco route, the other supporters want them out of the SPL, so the chairmen who vote on it should pay heed to their supporter’s feelings.
[COLOR=#000000:c2f561aa]As for all the other stuff, like the dual contracts matter, the authorities seem to be dragging their heels, I’m sure the SFA and SPL would prefer it if Rangers fell on their own sword, rather than them deal with the matter.
[COLOR=#000000:c2f561aa]I listened to Neil Doncaster last night, and some of the things he said astonished me, when asked who the backers of Charles Green were he said he didn’t know, the same as to how much funding they may or may not have.
[COLOR=#000000:c2f561aa]If I walked into my bank today with £10,000 to deposit into my account, they would not take the money unless I could prove I got it legally, it’s all to do with money laundering, so how can you sit down with a man who refuses to name his backers, and also refuses to disclose his funding stream?
[COLOR=#000000:c2f561aa]Because of the way this matter has dragged on, and the authorities have failed to act, it could well be UEFA or FIFA will have to step into the case that will make the SFA and the SPL the laughing stock of Europe.
[COLOR=#000000:c2f561aa]Both these organisation had an opportunity to drag themselves into the 21st century, to impose their new rules fairly and openly, and do away with the preferential treatment of one club in particular, both have failed miserably, and I believe they will be made to pay for that by the majority of genuine football supporters in Scotland.

Re: Are there any laws that cover Rangers?

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:46 pm

[COLOR=#000000:a36e2596]I’m beginning to wonder if there is any a law in Scotland that covers Rangers FC, whether it is criminal law, or football law, it appears that they think they can do as they like with impunity.
[COLOR=#000000:a36e2596]Their latest fiasco in going to the Court of Session might well back-fire on them, and if they are not punished appropriately, the rest of Scottish Football might as well pack up and leave them to it.
[COLOR=#000000:a36e2596]The rest of the football supporters in Scotland have had enough of it now, if Rangers go down the Newco route, the other supporters want them out of the SPL, so the chairmen who vote on it should pay heed to their supporter’s feelings.
[COLOR=#000000:a36e2596]As for all the other stuff, like the dual contracts matter, the authorities seem to be dragging their heels, I’m sure the SFA and SPL would prefer it if Rangers fell on their own sword, rather than them deal with the matter.
[COLOR=#000000:a36e2596]I listened to Neil Doncaster last night, and some of the things he said astonished me, when asked who the backers of Charles Green were he said he didn’t know, the same as to how much funding they may or may not have.
[COLOR=#000000:a36e2596]If I walked into my bank today with £10,000 to deposit into my account, they would not take the money unless I could prove I got it legally, it’s all to do with money laundering, so how can you sit down with a man who refuses to name his backers, and also refuses to disclose his funding stream?
[COLOR=#000000:a36e2596]Because of the way this matter has dragged on, and the authorities have failed to act, it could well be UEFA or FIFA will have to step into the case that will make the SFA and the SPL the laughing stock of Europe.
[COLOR=#000000:a36e2596]Both these organisation had an opportunity to drag themselves into the 21st century, to impose their new rules fairly and openly, and do away with the preferential treatment of one club in particular, both have failed miserably, and I believe they will be made to pay for that by the majority of genuine football supporters in Scotland.

Didn't Celtc take the SFA to court over Neil Lennon's touchline ban?

pensionerbhoy

Postby pensionerbhoy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:48 pm

I have always maintained, Joe, that the only effective power against them is the supporters of other clubs. It would seem there is a genuine upsurge of resentment among almost all supporters. I read an article the other day condemning the whole situation and suggesting that a Newco should have to apply for the SFL and not just the SPL. The writer was a Greenock Morton fan of 40+ years. I think that tells a story. If there is such a mass reaction as it seems, then the money that will sway everybody towards the correct outcomes is actually in the hands of this groundswell. It is time to be convinced of people power and take the moral high ground.

H H

pensionerbhoy

Postby pensionerbhoy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Didn't Celtc take the SFA to court over Neil Lennon's touchline ban?

No. Neil Lennon himself challenged the SFA in court. Celtic had nothing to do with it. This was confirmed by Lennon's lawyer Paul McBride. The SFA climbed down stating that they firmly expected to lose the case. FIFA rules relate to member clubs and not to individuals. Therefore, the RFC(IA), which I presume you are hinting is no different, is actually completely different.

Perhaps this is not in your taste, but H H anyway.

Sakhalin Bhoy

Postby Sakhalin Bhoy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:02 am

Joe...as this thing drags on , more and more people are beginning to smell a rat......
I also feel they are trying to 'force' the issue.....for the SPL / SFA /FIFA /UEFA to press the final 'EJECT' button and jettison them out of football...
THEN resurface and say...'we have no debt, no past misdemeanours...but we kept our history....we are back....let's all forget about the past and let's all be friends!!!!!

I feel very strongly that they should not kick another ball in football, at any level until every creditor has been paid IN FULL....
They owe Scottish Hydro over 50k for 'lecky'....they owe poll tax and general bills......if that were you or I, we would be sitting in darkness, if not turfed oot the hoose and it repossessed......

With regards your 10k walking into a bank in the 'Port'..well that's unheard of down that way...lol....
PS...I take it being an O'Rourke from the Port...you, or some immediate family members frequented Fergusons the shipyard? If so.....I will be known to some of you....I 'supervised' down there for a period.........
I enjoyed the craic and the lads........'Mick Lees' on a Friday lunchtime...ahhhhh remember it well!!!
HH

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:53 am

I worked in Fergusons for 8 years as a Plater, i was the Yard Convener at one time, i became a superviser after that, i left in 2003.

Return to “CSA News”