Great Famine Mass this Sunday at Carfin.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Great Famine Mass this Sunday at Carfin.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:54 am

[COLOR=#000000:9eb3ac4c]The annual Great Famine-Irish Pilgrimage Mass will be concelebrated on Sunday 3rd June 2012 at Carfin Grotto-St Francis Xavier Church in Lanarkshire ML1 5AJ. The Mass will be led by Bishop Joseph Devine of the Diocese of Motherwell and will begin at 3pm.
[COLOR=#000000:9eb3ac4c]It could be argued that without the influx of Irish people to Scotland during and after the Great Famine, there would not be a Glasgow Celtic as we know it today that in itself should be enough reason to attend.
[COLOR=#000000:9eb3ac4c]I have attended this Mass for a number of years now, and the homily given by Bishop Joe Devine is always very interesting and inspiring, sadly due to health problems it looks like this could be Bishop Joe’s last celebration of this particular Mass.
[COLOR=#000000:9eb3ac4c]The Mass is normally well attended, and if the weather permits it will be held at the Grotto, failing that, then it will be inside once again. Anyone who can make it along will be made most welcome.

pensionerbhoy

Re: Great Famine Mass this Sunday at Carfin.

Postby pensionerbhoy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi Joe. I am now living in the hinterland down south but originally from the holy village itself. I go back to the days of T.N.T. (any local of a decent age will explain if you don't know). I got many a clip from him and spent a lot of hours with him in the Grotto. I am sorry I won't be there but will remember everyone in my not-very-powerful prayers. If you are going, please say one for a poor exile and say hello to the old place for me.

H H

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:15 pm

i will do my friend.

pensionerbhoy

Postby pensionerbhoy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Thank you, Joe and God bless.

H H

Return to “CSA News”