Association Branches vote for selective Bhoycott.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Association Branches vote for selective Bhoycott.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed May 16, 2012 12:58 pm

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]Much has been said and written about what could and should happen in the event of a Rangers Newco being allowed back into the SPL without the appropriate sanctions. Supporters of clubs up and down the country have made it clear that sporting integrity must take precedence over commercial interests.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]We have canvassed our branches within the Celtic Supporters Association, and the vast majority have declared support for a selective bhoycott of those clubs who support the admission of a Newco.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]In the event of that scenario coming to pass we would then look to consult with the other major supporters groups, and with those who have an influence within the Celtic support with a view to calling an open meeting of as many Celtic supporters as possible.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]We fully understand the very difficult decision that has to be taken by some clubs regarding the potential loss of commercial revenue through the likes of live television and sponsorship deals, but that cannot be allowed to be more important than operating in a fair and just manner.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]If the boot was on another foot, like that of Dundee Utd, or Kilmarnock, do these chairmen think that they would not be booted out without it being given a second thought? and that goes for all the gang of ten.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]There is a long way to go until all the investigations are complete, I believe in the coming weeks stories will come out which will be even worse than is already out there, and it may well result in court proceeding taking place.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]I would say to all the other supporters who are not members of the Celtic Supporters Association, give great thought and consideration to joining us in taking action in the event of a Newco being allowed back into the SPL.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]There will be plenty of opportunities to voice your opinions in the coming weeks, please feel free to contact myself either through our web site, or directly.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

[SIZE=3:21a47d2d]Just by way of some additional information, I was looking at some of the figures for fans visiting Celtic Park, in the season just finished, if you don't count Rangers fans, a combined total of less than 4,000 supporters of other teams visited Celtic Park, on Sunday one of the Scottish Cup Finalists (Hearts) brought less than 100, and they say they don't need us, well let's just see.[/SIZE:21a47d2d]

Re: Association Branches vote for selective Bhoycott.

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi Joe,

I hope it doesnt come to this, but what happens if PL votes to let them back in?
Jamie

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2012 3:07 pm

A founder of Bristol CSC and season ticket holder you have our united support.

pensionerbhoy

Postby pensionerbhoy » Wed May 16, 2012 4:14 pm

This is good news, Joe. It proves that the supporters realise that there is a moral question in all of this. I firmly believe that our fight should, without reservation, not against Rangers, football authorities or other clubs but against the total disregard for integrity in this whole disastrous affair. To support those that ignore morality is to accept their amorality and that is not the Celtic support I have known for nearly 70 years. You have no idea how it saddens me not to be able to take physical action but if there are any alternative plans, I want to be in the midst of them.

H H

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Much as it pains me to say it but wouldn't it be worthwhile speaking to the Supporters Associations of the other clubs too?
Some of them may be willing to boycott their own home games if their Chairmen let them down and that, along with our boycott, would be far more effective.

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi
As a Lifelong supporter and a member of the Christchurch CSC in New Zealand, We suppport the stance you take, integrity and honesty are the most important parts of sport, any sport, without that then football results will always be in doubts are they are at the moment, this is a chance to clean up the scottish game and move forward and prove that cheats dont really win

tommybhoy62

Postby tommybhoy62 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:50 pm

i saw good story in one of the papers today that livingstone will try to rake back £1,2m of lost revenue for the punishment they had to take from the same regulators of our game,this isnt over by a far cry.your thompsons and johnstons yorkstons should be hanging their heads in shame,waiting for the scraps to fall off the table to keep them afloat.full boycott required joe. (tommy hill)

Postby Guest » Thu May 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Will this boycott include Ibrox ?

bhoydavid

Postby bhoydavid » Sat May 26, 2012 1:56 pm

a boycott would only work if it came from celtic imo. there will always be bhoys & ghirls that will go to see celtic no matter what & i have no problem with that at all. For a boycott to work the main ground to be boycotted MUST be ibrox.

Derrysean

Postby Derrysean » Sun May 27, 2012 8:39 am

"celtic football club is the fans without them there is no club" Paul McStay

those who want to worry about money rangers will bring them will have to due without our money...

Return to “CSA News”