Consistency needed from the SFA.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Consistency needed from the SFA.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:24 pm

[COLOR=#000000:2a71a1a3]So Celtic have decided to accept the 2 match touchline ban on Neil Lennon for his comments regarding Willie Collum’s denial of a stonewall penalty to Celtic in the League Cup Final.[COLOR=#000000:2a71a1a3]I have no problem with that decision as long as there is consistency from the SFA. What Neil did was point out that he believed Mr Collum got the call wrong, describing it as a criminal decision, was only emphasising his point.[COLOR=#000000:2a71a1a3]When Sone Aluko was giving a ban for simulation Ally Mc Coist said Aluko wasn’t a diver, therefore disagreeing with the panel, same as Lenny in my humble opinion.[COLOR=#000000:2a71a1a3]Earlier in the season Inverness manager Terry Butch had a right rant on live television about a number of decisions by the referee that day, if my memory serves me well, Terry was never asked to explain himself.[COLOR=#000000:2a71a1a3]Decisions made by referees can cost managers their jobs, I know it’s hard sometimes to get it right in a split second, and mistakes are made, but if we had not won the League, and were finishing the season empty handed, Neil Lennon could have been facing the sack.[COLOR=#000000:2a71a1a3]I’m not sure if Lenny will want to carry on managing in Scotland, with the hassle he gets at every turn he might just decide to go somewhere that he will be treated fairly and with some respect, I hope he stays, but I wouldn’t blame him if he left.

pensionerbhoy

Re: Consistency needed from the SFA.

Postby pensionerbhoy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Joe, he did not assault the ref. He did not make personal criticism of each and every official on the panel. He did not go on a publicised tirade. He is Celtic Manager. HE DOES NOT DO BLUE BUT IRISH GINGER. HE BRINGS IT ON HIMSELF. And you ask for consistency? Thousands, nay millions of dead Celtic supporters would turn in their graves just to hear us use the words consistency in relation to Scottish referees or Scottish football authorities. Their bones would rattle in every cemetery in the land in condemnation of any attempt by us to try to change Celtic history! Can pull my tongue out of my cheek now.

H H

gert/canada

Re: Consistency needed from the SFA.

Postby gert/canada » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:22 am

Joe , I know it must be hard to get back into pardon the pun "swing of things" but humble opions are not what we do best. They cheat us at every oppertunity . Two games at the Hampden slum and two game killing decisions. They have made it clear that Hampden is there house and we are not welcome. We must in future take the cheating SFA approved violaters of fair play out of the equation. Score goals then there is no room for argument.
Hail Hail

Return to “CSA News”