Celtic fans are certainly not Racist.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Celtic fans are certainly not Racist.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm

[SIZE=3:e1035481][COLOR=#000000:e1035481]In the lead up to a Glasgow derby match it is normal for the media to stoke the fires with all sorts of stories about sectarian hatred involving both sets of supporters. They will always use the less than intelligent assumption that we are two sides of the same coin; and therefore equally as bad as each other.[SIZE=3:e1035481][COLOR=#000000:e1035481]Yesterday I was alerted to a video by someone called KeV Kharas who made some sort of documentary for a company called VICE. In this documentary he tries to show extremism on both sides of the football divide by doing interviews with supporters from both sides.[SIZE=3:e1035481][COLOR=#000000:e1035481]There is an interview in part two of this five part documentary (only seen two up until now) with David Scott form the organisation” Nil by Mouth” during the interview Scott claims that he watched his first derby match in a student union bar.[SIZE=3:e1035481][COLOR=#000000:e1035481]He claims that he heard Celtic fans singing about the six million Jews who were killed in the Holocaust; he claims that the Celtic fans were singing they wished it had been Protestants instead of Jews.[SIZE=3:e1035481][COLOR=#000000:e1035481]I personally have never heard Celtic fans singing songs about the holocaust; I don’t even know if the people who he claims were singing were indeed actually Celtic fans. I would state this quite categorically; the Celtic fans can be accused of many things; but certainly not of being racist or sectarian.[SIZE=3:e1035481][COLOR=#000000:e1035481]I have no axe to grind with David Scott; or with Nil by Mouth; but I won’t stand back and let the good name of the Celtic fans be tarnished by false accusations. I intend to contact Mr Scott and ask him to clarify his statement.

Re: Celtic fans are certainly not Racist.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Totally agree, this Mr Scott is making dreadfully false statements here. I have been a Celtic supporter for 58 years, believe me I know all the songs, all the chants, all the inuendo. Not once have I heard of any reference to the holocaust or any sort of anti Jewish sentiment in any of the Celtic repetoire, bad and good.

Glasgow itself is one of the most race tolerant cities in the world and Celtics mootto has always been that if you can kick a baw then who cares what color, race creed or religion you are, in those green and white shirts you are one of the family. Lokk at the team these days, a veritable league of nations, our fans just love big Vic, Ki, Isa and as for Gorgeous Georgios....say no more! Definately no racism at Celtic that's for sure.

Hail! Hail!

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 pm

Joe

Saw that myself and had the same thoughts, never in 45 years of watching Celtic have i heard Celtic Fans or heard another fan mention a song with that reference, it must have been peculiar to the Glasgow Uni bar he mentioned.
Whilst holding our hands up to one or two songs with racist overtones in the past, the Turban and Shash one comes to mind, and a couple of incidents with mindless morons from our support the Celtic support in general have moved on and certainly in 1999 would have roundly condemmed any idiots coming out with such Racist nonsense.
We have always been open to all except of course the racist.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:47 pm

I have watched three parts of this so called documentary at it is lazy and tired journalism at best.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:19 pm

What about the Mark Walters bananas thrown from the jungle?
Hardly "certainly not racist or sectarian" is it?

[SIZE=3:bb074ba3][COLOR=#000000:bb074ba3]In the lead up to a Glasgow derby match it is normal for the media to stoke the fires with all sorts of stories about sectarian hatred involving both sets of supporters. They will always use the less than intelligent assumption that we are two sides of the same coin; and therefore equally as bad as each other.[SIZE=3:bb074ba3][COLOR=#000000:bb074ba3]Yesterday I was alerted to a video by someone called KeV Kharas who made some sort of documentary for a company called VICE. In this documentary he tries to show extremism on both sides of the football divide by doing interviews with supporters from both sides.[SIZE=3:bb074ba3][COLOR=#000000:bb074ba3]There is an interview in part two of this five part documentary (only seen two up until now) with David Scott form the organisation” Nil by Mouth” during the interview Scott claims that he watched his first derby match in a student union bar.[SIZE=3:bb074ba3][COLOR=#000000:bb074ba3]He claims that he heard Celtic fans singing about the six million Jews who were killed in the Holocaust; he claims that the Celtic fans were singing they wished it had been Protestants instead of Jews.[SIZE=3:bb074ba3][COLOR=#000000:bb074ba3]I personally have never heard Celtic fans singing songs about the holocaust; I don’t even know if the people who he claims were singing were indeed actually Celtic fans. I would state this quite categorically; the Celtic fans can be accused of many things; but certainly not of being racist or sectarian.[SIZE=3:bb074ba3][COLOR=#000000:bb074ba3]I have no axe to grind with David Scott; or with Nil by Mouth; but I won’t stand back and let the good name of the Celtic fans be tarnished by false accusations. I intend to contact Mr Scott and ask him to clarify his statement.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 pm

What about the Mark Walters bananas thrown from the jungle?
Hardly "certainly not racist or sectarian" is it?

One fan cant account for the whole support. Its like that guy who was racist towards diouf, he received massive condemnation from our support without skipping a beat.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm

i dont think he makes it out to be a song chanted on regular occurance at parkhead, more a single comment shouted from a drunk idiot. There is an element of this in fans of all clubs, I find it hard to believe there isnt one racist fan in every club in britain, much the same as there being at least one wife beater, one homophobe, etc etc. Its just a part of modern society sadly.

Are we all in agreement tho, that vid makes us all (celtic & rangers fans) look bad cause of the tools on screen?

Return to “CSA News”