Football comes a poor second in times of tragedy.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Football comes a poor second in times of tragedy.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:56 am

[COLOR=#000000:016ddb7b]I had hoped that today I would be writing to congratulate Lenny and the players for a wonderful victory and the start of a historic treble. First and foremost we didn’t win; and secondly; even if we had won; we would not have been able to celebrate after the tragic sudden death of Liam Kelly’s dad Jack.[COLOR=#000000:016ddb7b]I would like to offer Liam and all his family the sincere condolences of everyone at the Celtic Supporters Association; I’m sure those sentiments are being echoed by all in the world wide Celtic family.[COLOR=#000000:016ddb7b]Football comes a poor second in times like these; Jack Kelly would have been very proud of his son; and what he had just achieved; it is so very sad that they never got the chance to enjoy their victory.[COLOR=#000000:016ddb7b]Requiescant in pace Jack.[COLOR=#000000:016ddb7b]It was also a weekend when Bolton Wanderers player Fabrice Muamba had a cardiac arrest on the football pitch; it is hard to understand how this would happen to a young extremely fit young man.[COLOR=#000000:016ddb7b]Once again our thoughts and prayers will with Fabrice and his family; I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery; and he is able to continue his very promising career at Bolton Wanderers.

Return to “CSA News”