Should fraud and cheating come under offensive behaviour at football?

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Should fraud and cheating come under offensive behaviour at football?

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm

[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]The new “Offensive behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill” became law on March 1st; you have to ask yourself; should the actions of a certain Scottish Football Club be covered by such a Bill?[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]What is more offensive in football? Singing songs about your history and culture; or committing fraud and cheating on a grand scale. [COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]What is more offensive? Selling a Fanzine outside the stadium; or withholding the taxes you have deducted from your employees.[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]What is more offensive? Waving a Papal Flag; or waving the rules on the registration of your players with the SPL.[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]It shows you what type of country we live in; when the First Minister for Scotland drove through legislation which is an attack on the basic human rights of football fans; but who openly offered to help a Football Club who have been cheating and acting fraudulently for numerous years.[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]They are all on the bandwagon now; everyone and their cousin wants an inquiry; the SFA: the SPL; Strathclyde Police; but no summit at the Toy Parliament. There were 34 arrests at the so-called “Shame Game” half for smoking in the toilet; I would suggest if the truth comes out; a lot more people will be guilty of fraud and improper dealings than 34.[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]We also have Neil Doncaster making some comments now on trophies won during an era of dishonesty; the tainted trophies era; it would be interesting to hear Craig Burley and Mark Hateley’s thoughts on that one.[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]It’s been three weeks now since the EE went into administration; the Administrators seem to be taking their time with things; no harm in that; getting a right decision is more important than getting a quick decision.[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]It has been reported that Gregg Wylde and Mervan Celik are leaving; and there could be more to follow; it has been suggested up to fifteen players. The players offered a deferral of the wages; I don’t see how that would help; that only adds to the debt; it has to hit the pan shortly.[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]One thing really puzzles me; I remember the Scottish media following Jorge Cadete to Portugal; I also remember them following Henrik Larsson to Sweden; why have they not tracked down any of the Rangers players who were paid through EBT’s and asked for their comments?[COLOR=#000000:72eb5a5e]I mean they won’t be hard to find; some are never off the telly; and others are never out of the newspapers. Or they could ask Walter about the 3rd party contracts; he seems to have re-surfaced again; about to ride to the rescue maybe as one of the Blue Knights; they could ask him how he was paid while they are at it?

Another interesting article in the European Examiner today, check the link below.

Return to “CSA News”