"So they now want to swap one tax evader for another.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"So they now want to swap one tax evader for another.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 pm

[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]You just could not make it up; I really need to stop writing about the financial plight of our rivals; but I need to write to try to stop myself laughing.[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]The EE are in trouble because they operated in a manner which the taxman claims was illegal; there is also some serious questions to be answered regarding their employees contracts; amongst other things.[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]So how do they plan to move on from two owners who were trading in what we could call a dodgy manner; well they want to replace the men who were evading paying tax with another man who has plenty of form in the same category.[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]Dave King who is still a Rangers Director is facing something like 350 charges related to fraudulent dealings in South Africa; including tax issues; the irony of it all. So if the SFA are questioning where some people are fit and proper to control a football club; what are their thoughts on King?[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]It is none of my business; but surely if your company is found guilty of trading illegally; then everyone in a position of authority in that company must be complicit; and therefore also guilty.[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]And I’m not just talking about the last couple of years; there is every reason to believe the dodgy dealing has been going on since the middle to late nineties; in fact if people wanted to dig deeper I’m sure it could be traced back further than that.[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]So in the great scheme of things; where does that leave SFA President Campbell Ogilvie? He was a senior Director of the EE during that very period; will he be asked to give evidence to the SFA’s so-called independent inquiry? Will he be given assurances about his future at the SFA? There is still a long way to go on that story.[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]One thing I would say; as sure as a cat’s a hairy beast, we will be crowned champions pretty soon; I know Lenny has said he doesn’t care if it’s on goal difference; for once I have to disagree with him; I want to win the league by the biggest points margin in history; and most certainly by more than ten points.[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]Saturday will be a difficult match for us; we know that the manager of Motherwell will be looking for the points to strengthen their push for second spot; equally we know he won’t want us to be able to win the league at Snake Mountain; the home of his heroes; the same could be said of our next match away at Aberdeen; Brown and Knox will be thinking exactly the same.[COLOR=#000000:08f0e6bd]Like the rest of the Celtic support I am really looking forward to seeing Lenny holding aloft the League Championship Trophy; if ever a manager in world football deserved to win the league; it has to be Lenny; and once again I hope to hear the brilliant song being played over the tannoy; “Something Inside So Strong” We are all Neil Lennon.

Return to “CSA News”