"Will the two remaining derby matches actually take place?"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Will the two remaining derby matches actually take place?"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:31 pm

[COLOR=#000000:46a1f745]I had a great day partying at Easter Road yesterday, it’s great also that we will win the league sooner than expected with a few games to spare; but winning it at the home of the Evil Empire (EE); I’m not so sure that will be allowed to happen.[COLOR=#000000:46a1f745]We seen and heard on Saturday the repertoire of the sell-out crowd at Snake Mountain; the hatred was very evident; and not surprisingly brought comments from most of the Scottish Media; although Rob McLean’s comment that it was the referees fault was astonishing.[COLOR=#000000:46a1f745]Let’s imagine we were going there with the opportunity to win the league on March 25th; who would guarantee Neil Lennon’s safety? Even with over 8,000 Celtic supporters present; it would an extremely dangerous situation for Lenny; we would need to move the Celtic dug-out to in front of the Celtic section. [COLOR=#000000:46a1f745]I hope I am wrong; but I don’t see the powers that be letting this match go ahead under those circumstances; I’m not sure that the match will go ahead at all; unless it is done with only the home supporters being present; obviously the same would happen with the final derby match at Celtic Park.[COLOR=#000000:46a1f745]The sectarian bile coming from the EE on Saturday was just like the League Cup Final in March; I wonder if the match commander will be making a report to the SPL; or indeed the official SPL Observer for that matter; according to reports this morning there were only five arrests; and only one for sectarianism; there must have been a lot of police with hearing problems on duty.[COLOR=#000000:46a1f745]I believe we have moved into a more dangerous era in terms of violence; I believe now any derby match would have a very real possibility of serious public disorder; far worse than anything that happened at the so-called Shame Game.[COLOR=#000000:46a1f745]There is a very good article published in the European Examiner; its well worth a read; and it also reminds of what we can expect in the coming weeks.[COLOR=#000000:46a1f745]It’s under the heading “Goodbye goodbye, you were the Billy Boys”[COLOR=#000000:46a1f745][URL:46a1f745]http://www.europeanexaminer.eu/[/URL:46a1f745]

Return to “CSA News”