"The Financial Contribution of the Celtic Support is Very Clear"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"The Financial Contribution of the Celtic Support is Very Clear"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:28 pm

[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]The financial contribution made to Scottish Professional Football by the Celtic support is there for everyone to see; on Saturday just over 50,000 spectators attended the match against Inverness at Celtic Park; the total number of spectators at the other 20 professional matches on Saturday was just over 46,000.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]By the end of the season we will have played almost 30 domestic matches away from Celtic Park; including Ross County, Peterhead, and Inverness in cup matches; and hopefully four matches at the National Stadium.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]If we take the average cost of a ticket to be £25; then that will be £750 spent in stadiums away from Celtic Park; not counting any other money spent on travelling; refreshments etc.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]So in affect, we are spending somewhere in the region of twice as much money on away matches; as we are spending on home matches.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]In March we have a run of four consecutive away matches; to Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, the League Cup Final against Kilmarnock at Hampden, and then Snake Mountain, before a home match against St Johnstone on March 31st.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]Recently, trying to get a ticket for a Celtic away match; is like trying to get a copy of Rangers balance sheet from Craig Whyte; obviously winning matches and playing well creates more demand for tickets.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]What do we ask for in return for our money? All we ever wanted was fair and honest treatment for our team and for our supporters from everyone concerned. We also ask that everyone else is treated fairly and honestly as well; and if clubs don’t act in a fair and honest manner; then they need to be dealt with appropriately.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]Celtic have just posted their financial statement for the last six months; it shows a big drop in profit; but hey; that’s what you get when you pay your taxes; it also shows a 20% drop in club debts; again running the club in the proper manner while still improving on the field of play.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]I was delighted hear Peter Lawwell state that we are a standalone club; we don’t need Rangers or anyone else to continue playing football; I just hope the rest of Scottish Football are taking notice. [COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]If the case against any SPL club proves they have been operating illegally; and therefore cheating; then the appropriate action must be taken against that club; or clubs. I have read all the drivel coming from the Scottish Media about needing a strong Rangers; maybe they do; and are scared to lose their jobs if their favourite institution becomes extinct.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]The message to the rest of Scottish Football is very clear; you all stood by and watched as we were being cheated on the field of play on almost a weekly basis; you better not stand by and let the people who cheated us off the field of play get away with it.[COLOR=#000000:9dd3f9f1]The Celtic support over the last few years have faced up to many battles; in those battles we have stood alone; with no support from the rest of Scottish football; I believe that we must consider all options for dealing with issues in the future. Again I would remind everyone just how much we contribute to Scottish football.

offshorebhoy

Re: "The Financial Contribution of the Celtic Support is Very Clear"

Postby offshorebhoy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Well said joe, I just think the SFA and other scottish clubs such as hearts (if there still about) murderwell kilmarnock and dunfermilne would back the rotten mob and keep them in the premier league no matter what. As you said we stand alone and we always will but thats just the way i like it. hail hail

braebhoy

Re: "The Financial Contribution of the Celtic Support is Very Clear"

Postby braebhoy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:49 pm

We have let the tail wag the dog for too long joe
ourselves alone i say

Return to “CSA News”