"You should come out the transfer window stronger, than you went in"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"You should come out the transfer window stronger, than you went in"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

[COLOR=#000000:71799a5a]The only focus you should have in a transfer window is to come out of it stronger than you went into it; I think you would have to say Neil Lennon has succeeded in that respect no matter what happens in the next 30 odd hours.[COLOR=#000000:71799a5a]Lenny will have added as many as six new players to his first team squad, the majority of them being experienced players who should be able to hit the ground running; a big change to the pre and early McCann days at Celtic; when we were trading in the bargain basement department of football players.[COLOR=#000000:71799a5a]We might never return to the days of big name transfers; like Chris Sutton, Neil Lennon, and John Hartson; but we seem to be unearthing players who can certainly play; but who are also enhancing their reputations so have a sell on value as well; if we choose to go down that route.[COLOR=#000000:71799a5a]If I have any concerns at all; it would be that we have a very big first team squad; quite a few of whom will not be in the managers plans for the immediate future at least; and therefore it would be better if we could move them on.[COLOR=#000000:71799a5a]The season so far has been very good for us after a shaky start; to claw back a fifteen point deficit was amazing in such a short time; but to also improve in Europe and remain in the two domestic cup competitions; was also very impressive.[COLOR=#000000:71799a5a]We certainly seem to be heading in the right direction on the football field; and if we can maintain our form; then we should have some success at the end of the season; it’s a bit early to be talking trebles; but I have to say; if we play to our capabilities; then we are the best team in Scotland.[COLOR=#000000:71799a5a]The next couple of weeks will certainly have a major influence on where we finish in terms of trophies this season. We start with the visit to Inverness which is never an easy place to go; we then visit the capital twice in the coming weeks; again never easy; particularly at Tynecastle; so we need to keep our nerve and focus on the matches ahead; I’m sure Lenny won’t let anyone get carried away.[COLOR=#000000:71799a5a]Finally; well done to all the fans who turned up yesterday; I would love every one of them to be guaranteed a ticket for the Final; but I doubt that will be the case. I was also pleased for young Mark Millar of Falkirk; Mark spent a few years at Celtic but never managed to make the break through; I think the bhoy proved yesterday he can make a decent living out of playing football; good luck to him for the future.

Return to “CSA News”