"We have enough Bigot's in Scotland, we don't need any more"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"We have enough Bigot's in Scotland, we don't need any more"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:25 pm

[COLOR=#000000:1aab7797]We have enough Anti-Catholic/Irish/Celtic Bigots in Scotland without the likes of ex-referee Jeff Winter joining the brethren; his attack in his blog on the Catholic Church; and on His Holiness the Pope in particular is astounding; in fact I wonder if it is the work of a man who is in control of his own mind.[COLOR=#000000:1aab7797]Over many years all things associated with Celtic Football Club were attacked on a daily basis from within the Scottish Media; we had very few friends in the newspaper industry; it could be said Big Jock had some; but even some of his close friends deserted him when he went to Celtic.[COLOR=#000000:1aab7797]But a worrying development now is the increase in online blogging by two bit nobodies who come out with all sorts of Sectarian/Racist nonsense trying to endear themselves to a certain section of Scottish Society.[COLOR=#000000:1aab7797]These people like Jeff Winter and David Leggat don’t have to justify what they say to any newspaper editor; they say things which are extremely inflammatory; and in some cases could be construed as inciting.[COLOR=#000000:1aab7797]There have been several cases in Scotland of Sectarian/Racist behaviour through the medium of the internet; most of it directed at people from within the Catholic/Irish/Celtic community.[COLOR=#000000:1aab7797]It was taken to a further level with the very real physical threats to Neil Lennon and several other high profile Celtic Supporters; were these threats inflamed by people like Winter and Leggat? I would say in my humble opinion; almost certainly they were.[COLOR=#000000:1aab7797]I; along with the other major Celtic Supporters Groups campaigned vigorously against the new legislation that is; “The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill “while we objected strongly to the criminalisation of many young fans for doing nothing more than sing traditional songs; we had absolutely no objection whatsoever to the Threatening Communications part of the Bill.[COLOR=#000000:1aab7797]The people who continue to verbally abuse others through their bigoted keyboards need to be warned of the consequences of their actions; there are plenty of bigots out there; the last thing we need is for them to be encouraged into escalating their actions.

irish eyes

Re: "We have enough Bigot's in Scotland, we don't need any more"

Postby irish eyes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:57 pm

We can but hope Joe that the authorities will get their act together and sort out this type of thing and deal with the people who spout such hatred.

Cruncho

Re: "We have enough Bigot's in Scotland, we don't need any more"

Postby Cruncho » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:46 pm

I know we've now got bigger matters to comment on (particularly demented Hateley) however I am surprised a lot more was not made in relation to the spoutings of this moron.

Return to “CSA News”