"Great Atmosphere on Saturday, Well Done the Green Brigade"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Great Atmosphere on Saturday, Well Done the Green Brigade"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:43 pm

[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]All in all that was a very satisfying weekend for us Celtic fans; I must confess I didn’t expect that result down at Kilmarnock; and following our great performance on Saturday it is happy days indeed.[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]I thought the support on Saturday especially from the Green Brigade was fantastic; it was a great atmosphere; and it must help to lift the team and spur them on; great credit to the GB.[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]It just goes to show what can be achieved if you treat the supporters with some respect. One of the main reasons for the relaxed atmosphere was the removing of the cameras which were stuck in the GB’s faces during the match; that action is very intimidating; and hopefully we have seen the last of it.[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]Eddie Smith was not the Match Commander on Saturday; I don’t know if that was because of his shift pattern; or whether it was down to ACC Corrigan; let’s hope it was the latter; I believe our supporters no longer have any confidence in Smith to act impartially.[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]The next step in our campaign to stop the new proposed legislation going through is a meeting with SNP MSP Humza Yousaf on Tuesday night in St Mary’s Ward Room; we hope to be able to convince Humza that there is no need for the new bill; whether he would disobey King Alex is another matter altogether.[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]We now look forward to Wednesday night’s match with Athletico with renewed hope and confidence; although if I’m honest; I would prefer not to be in the competition at all; it’s a distraction we could do without.[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]In the next couple of weeks at stage 3 of the bill before the whole Parliament; we will be staging a demonstration outside Holyrood; we know that all other MSP’s oppose the bill; so trying to change the minds of the SNP Group is the objective.[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]We have also set up a Legal Defence Fund; this fund would help to pay for legal representation of anyone who we feel was unjustly arrested and charged under the new bill; we are thinking primarily of the young bhoys and ghirls amongst our support that may have the greatest need.[COLOR=#000000:4864b514]Anyone wishing to donate to the fund can do so through several methods; first of all you can donate through PayPal on the Association or the Trust’s web site; remember to signify that the moneys is for the FAC LDF. You can also donate by sending a cheque made payable to the FAC Legal Defence Fund; or if you prefer; you could donate by cash to any of the Steering Committee of FAC.

Return to “CSA News”