"We are meeting with ACC Campbell Corrigan this afternoon"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"We are meeting with ACC Campbell Corrigan this afternoon"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:54 pm

[COLOR=#000000:a29d01df]We are eventually going to meet with ACC Campbell Corrigan; a meeting has been arranged for 2.45 pm today in St Mary’s Church hall. The Association will be joined by the Trust, Affiliation, and Irish Association; the Green Brigade understandably declined an invitation to attend.[COLOR=#000000:a29d01df]Let me clarify for the benefit of Traynor, Keevins, and Waddell; it was ACC Corrigan that requested to meet with us; not the other way round.[COLOR=#000000:a29d01df]The main topic on the agenda for the Celtic supporters groups will be the heavy handed policing of the GB’s section in the match against Hibs on October 29th. We will also want to hear his comments regarding the arrest and holding of two young Celtic supporters for alleged offences during that same match.[COLOR=#000000:a29d01df]We will also want an explanation as to why Match Commander Eddie Smith refused to meet with Association and the Trust after that match; the case of Smith reporting Celtic to UEFA is an issue for Celtic themselves to pursue; we are only concerned with his policing methods.[COLOR=#000000:a29d01df]I think finally we need to get some sort of insight into how he sees the relationship with the fans and the police developing in the coming weeks and months; we cannot continue to have confrontation; it was proved last night again that the GB bring a great atmosphere to Celtic Park; that’s what you get with low key policing; not high viability harassment.[COLOR=#000000:a29d01df]I will bring you up to date on the meeting either later today or tomorrow.

Re: "We are meeting with ACC Campbell Corrigan this afternoon"

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Can you ask him why those Dunfermline neds were allowed to charge the Celtic fans twice.

Why they were allowed to get right up to segregation tape and provoke the Celtic fans sitting opposite and not one arrest was made.

While all this was going on all , the senior officers were interested in was watching the GB through binoculars.

HH

scotsmarc

Postby scotsmarc » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:41 pm

Joe,

Another item for the agenda maybe this article http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/a-clear-and-present-danger/#more-1759

Disturbing times indeed.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:17 pm

I look forward to hearing the outcome of this "meeting".

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Connigí ar an dea obair. Ceiltigh ABÚ
Keep up the good work and we will keep the faith!!

Seamus Mac

Lisbon-Lion

Postby Lisbon-Lion » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:40 am

I am a 61 year old season ticket holder who sits in section 111 immediately below the Green Brigade. The moment the final whistle blew against Hibs, myself and about eight other older Celtic fans went straight to the match commander who was at the stairs looking up to the Green Brigade section. I don't know if it was Campbell Corrigan but I told him that the way they are treating the Green Brigade and our fans was a disgrace. Whoever the commander was wouldn't look me in the eye [B:205457f3](Not Once)[/B:205457f3]. All he kept saying was that he would take my complaint under consideration, but never once did he look at me.

There is a saying "Never Trust someone who can't look you in the eye"

Good Luck with your meeting

David Lafferty.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 am

It would have been Eddie Smith if it was the Match Commander.

Return to “CSA News”