"We are now under attack form the Goverment, the Judiciary, and the Police"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"We are now under attack form the Goverment, the Judiciary, and the Police"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 pm

[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]It would appear that we are now under full scale attack from the Scottish Government, the Judiciary, and the Police, not forgetting the SPL and UEFA.[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]It seem to me that the interference of Match Commander Eddie Smith is particularly sinister; it’s been said that reporting to UEFA direct is common practice; if that’s the case then show us the statistics; how many times has it happened in the past? And which team; or teams were involved?[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]I would suggest that this is the next step by Alex Salmond in his campaign to impose on us the completely unnecessary new legislation regarding behaviour at football matches; and it would appear he is being abetted by the Lord Advocate Frank Mullholland and the Police.[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]How else would they explain the case of a 17 year old Celtic supporter getting his door kicked in at 6am on Friday morning by a van load of Strathclyde’s Finest? His heinous crime singing “Ooh ah up the RA”[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]My information is that the bhoy appeared in court yesterday afternoon; the judge was imposing the usual banning order (which in itself is a punishment before trial); but the Prosecuting Fiscal opposed that and asked that he be remanded in custody.[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]A 17 year old remanded for singing when some of the most hardened and deviant criminals in Scotland are getting out on bail; it would seem to be completely disproportionate.[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]I firmly believe there is far too much political interference in the policing strategy for football matches; that would appear to be the case in the Prosecuting Fiscal’s Office as well; is this brave new Scotland being twinned with China; or North Korea? [COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]Are we not the same support; singing the same songs; that won both the UEFA and FIFA Fair Play Awards in 2003; just what exactly has changed?[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]I would be happy to have a debate with the Club and the other Celtic supporters groups on the issue of singing; but I’m not prepared to stand back and watch a generation of young Celtic fans be criminalised for supporting their team.[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]The Celtic fans will have to stand up and oppose these unprecedented attacks on our supporters; trying to bully us into submission will not work; that has been tried for over one hundred and twenty years; it failed then; and it will fail now.[COLOR=#000000:bbf85367]There will be a few ways of helping which I will inform you of later in the week. The most important thing now is to try and get this young bhoy out of a prison cell; and back home where he belongs.

Re: "We are now under attack form the Goverment, the Judiciary, and the Police"

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:42 pm

What singing up the RA got to do with supporting Celtice?

[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]It would appear that we are now under full scale attack from the Scottish Government, the Judiciary, and the Police, not forgetting the SPL and UEFA.[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]It seem to me that the interference of Match Commander Eddie Smith is particularly sinister; it’s been said that reporting to UEFA direct is common practice; if that’s the case then show us the statistics; how many times has it happened in the past? And which team; or teams were involved?[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]I would suggest that this is the next step by Alex Salmond in his campaign to impose on us the completely unnecessary new legislation regarding behaviour at football matches; and it would appear he is being abetted by the Lord Advocate Frank Mullholland and the Police.[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]How else would they explain the case of a 17 year old Celtic supporter getting his door kicked in at 6am on Friday morning by a van load of Strathclyde’s Finest? His heinous crime singing “Ooh ah up the RA”[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]My information is that the bhoy appeared in court yesterday afternoon; the judge was imposing the usual banning order (which in itself is a punishment before trial); but the Prosecuting Fiscal opposed that and asked that he be remanded in custody.[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]A 17 year old remanded for singing when some of the most hardened and deviant criminals in Scotland are getting out on bail; it would seem to be completely disproportionate.[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]I firmly believe there is far too much political interference in the policing strategy for football matches; that would appear to be the case in the Prosecuting Fiscal’s Office as well; is this brave new Scotland being twinned with China; or North Korea? [COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]Are we not the same support; singing the same songs; that won both the UEFA and FIFA Fair Play Awards in 2003; just what exactly has changed?[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]I would be happy to have a debate with the Club and the other Celtic supporters groups on the issue of singing; but I’m not prepared to stand back and watch a generation of young Celtic fans be criminalised for supporting their team.[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]The Celtic fans will have to stand up and oppose these unprecedented attacks on our supporters; trying to bully us into submission will not work; that has been tried for over one hundred and twenty years; it failed then; and it will fail now.[COLOR=#000000:3af24f9d]There will be a few ways of helping which I will inform you of later in the week. The most important thing now is to try and get this young bhoy out of a prison cell; and back home where he belongs.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Stop singing Ooh ah up the ra is the simple way to stop all of this, its all the have on us. the sooner the idiots realise this the better. The rest of our songbook are pretty much fine, boys of the old brigade, fields etc. Even the Celtic Sympthony without the add ons. Is that so hard?

John Andrews

Postby John Andrews » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:14 pm

What has Rule Britannia, The Sash, got to do with Football ,they are still sung at Ibrox so clean up your own house first before you come on here professing to be holier than thou

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:24 pm

How does this incident sit alongside Paul McBride comment on BBC Scotland last night that this legislation will in no way be an excuse for The Police to arrest and throw young dafties (his words) in jail.

Ayrshire Paddy

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Absolutely spot on Joe. we've been transported back the 'Take that flag down' era of the 50s

superhoops1888

Postby superhoops1888 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:48 pm

i agree with you on anything regarding the young fan, shocking treatment to say the least

however omce again i see see bery little teeth in regard to celtic plc
i think that talk of boucotts of rugby park motherwell etc were wide of the mark
it has become clear that a huge number have left celtic park over the last couple of seasons most oikley due to being fair weather glory hunters
while the rest of the hardcore soldier on...

it might take a boycott of celtic park to bring them to thier sences
poor idea you may thing, esp when certain people in certain celtic fan organisations are looked after
but i think its high time you drew a line in the sand and showed which side you are on

bollocks with this goos relationship with the directors, you have been taken for a rime on most issues
kept a priveledge position for keeping quiet, its time to organise and lead form the front

if not best keep stum and shut up on all subjects

lets hope the bhoy is home soon safe and sound, thats the first thing
second is get your act together and be an independant leading organisation leading fan policy
or is tickets for the bhoys to Ibrox more important?

william

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:08 pm

You have to be the thickest Mope on planet earth. Thanks for confirming that your horrible fans were singing IRA songs. Terrorist FC and their fans are about to feel the heat

PS Ever heard of paragraphs Mr Secure Inmate?

Joseph Forsyth

Postby Joseph Forsyth » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:35 pm

We all have to stick by each other and be one. If certain ones back out, we have lost. We have done nothing wrong here, we are the victims.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:47 pm

I believe it was only time before this happened.We are a great football club and some of these songs are offensive.We have to move on dump these songs
because they have nothing whatsoever to do with our club OR! our history.

Return to “CSA News”