Doncaster or Longmuir .. A no brainer !!!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Doncaster or Longmuir .. A no brainer !!!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:04 pm

The choice for the CEO of the new SPFA was a no brainer as far as most people were concerned, not that it was a great cross section of candidates, it was just that Neil Doncaster has slightly more credibility than David Longmuir.

You would have to say both of them have hardly been successful in their previous roles, but there is more to really dislike about Longmuir, as well as one of his previous colleagues at the SFL, namely Jim Ballantyne.

Apparently it was only Ballantyne from the SFL that knew that Longmuir was in line for a £100,000 bonus, talk about rewarding failure, if you deserve a bonus then you should have no problem letting people know the circumstance of such a bonus.

I genuinely believe Doncaster has the best interest of Scottish Football at heart. I also believe he met many obstacles in his quest to make the SPL more honest and transparent, maybe now we have a new one body situation he will be able to take more control.

I also think Doncaster will have to cross swords with the representatives of Sevco, now that they have full membership, they will try to do what they have always done, either use the brethren route, or just simply bully chairmen who are not strong enough to stand up to them.

For our own part we are looking good. No long haul pre-season trips, three new players in at present, and a decent draw in the Champions League qualifier against Cliftonville. I would hope we can improve on last season, with all due respect to the other teams in Scotland; we should be looking to win the domestic treble, and progress on from the group stage in the Champions League.

I don’t know any figures yet, but I think we will be up on season ticket sales from last season. The reintroduction of the child season ticket was fantastic, and the added bonus of the £100 reduction was also very welcome.

The only way for us to continue to function at the highest level is with the tremendous support of our fans. There is no better atmosphere in word football than at a packed Celtic Park, the best players in the world testify to that.

So in a week or so we’ll be back to our old selves, batteries recharged, new strip being worn proudly, ready to enhance our famous 125 years of unbroken history. It’s great to get a wee break away from it all, but it’s brilliant to be back amongst the greatest supporters in the world; supporting the greatest team In the world.

Always have been, always will be, Celtic Football Club.

Return to “CSA News”