"The Green Brigade Can't Win The Fight On Their Own"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"The Green Brigade Can't Win The Fight On Their Own"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 pm

[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]I think all our supporters agreed with the Green Brigades banner protest against the Scottish Governments new legislation for offensive behaviour at football matches in Scotland.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]The campaign has been stepped up by the formation of a new group “Fans Against Criminalisation”, the Green Brigade deserve great credit for that initiative.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]FAC is supported by all the main supporters’ organisations, as well as the Association, the Trust, the Affiliation, the Irish Association, and the North American federation, not forgetting of course the Green Brigade.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]I don’t need to emphasise all the things that are wrong with the proposed new legislation; that has already been well covered.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]The next step in the campaign is the Public Demonstration at George Square on Saturday lunch time prior to the Hibs game.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]I’m sure there will be a good turn-out from our young supporters; but the older supporters like me have their part to play too.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]This new legislation will criminalise Celtic supporters irrespective of age or gender; being female or a pensioner; or indeed both will make no difference at all.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]I know most supporters have their own routine on match days; and some supporters travel long distances to get to Glasgow; but I would appeal to all supporters who can get to the Demo to please turn up.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]It can’t be left to the younger members of our support to fight against this attempt at removing our freedom of speech and human rights; once again every supporter has a part to play.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]We are asking supporters to come and join us at the Demonstration; we will be assembling at 12 noon; hopefully will have some speakers around 12:30pm.[COLOR=#000000:77ebb188]This is an opportunity to send a message to all the politicians that we have a long and proud history; second to none in World Football; we will not be criminalised to satisfy the vanity of the First Minister and his cronies.

Re: "The Green Brigade Can't Win The Fight On Their Own"

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:49 pm

well thank god its not the poppy you and them are on about, and yes i will have the poppy on my lapel. for mygrandfather and father who fought against the nazis in world war 2, and no one will tell me otherwise .

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm

I didn't know anything about this protest and I am not the only one.

Great idea will be there.

I will stick it on the site maybe you should contact CQN and others to ask them to promote it?

More that know the better

Keep up the good work

Hail Hail

Daniel

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Who mentioned the Poppy? suppose your disappoined that's not been mentioned.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:49 pm

Daniel, as you will have seen by the post, the initiative came from the GB, we would welcome your support mate.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:01 am

Daniel, as you will have seen by the post, the initiative came from the GB, we would welcome your support mate.

timbhoy2 the poppy issue is not the cause at hand . For the Celtic support to have a right to exspress themselves as is there right is the cause. As is the rights of all football fans . Theses draconians measures that, if implemented will infringe on the freedom of speech of Scots everywhere are Orwellian in their concepts.They will not only act against football fans but in fact affect all in Scottish society. That.s maybe not a bad thing in my view ie "Orange Walks" but even the most neandrethal of our society have rights, no matter how sick there views are. Please excuse my grammar full of Guiness

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:31 am

"I think(all?) our supporters agreed with the Green Brigades banner protest against the Scottish Governments new legislation for offensive behaviour at football matches in Scotland".

Wrong!

"Mon the SNP"

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:22 am

well thank god its not the poppy you and them are on about, and yes i will have the poppy on my lapel. for mygrandfather and father who fought against the nazis in world war 2, and no one will tell me otherwise .

Very well said Timbhoy2,I think sometimes your point is forgotten as there are many Celtic fans who will wear their poppy with pride and so they should.
I also agree that the poppy protest for me is a big negative, much as I like the green Brigade,its all about freedom of speech and expression and we wouldnt have that without those who fought and won during the world wars. hail hail

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Am i missing something here, why are you discussing the poppy?

Return to “CSA News”