" Sorry Mr Spiers, but the Green Brigade have nothing in common with the Blue Order".

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

" Sorry Mr Spiers, but the Green Brigade have nothing in common with the Blue Order".

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 pm

[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]I generally don’t have any time whatsoever for anyone working in the Scottish media; I sometimes make an exception for Graham Spiers; probably the best of a bad lot is how I would best describe him.[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]But his assertion today that somehow the Green Brigade have an ally in the Blue Order of Snake Mountain infamy; is quite honestly baffling; in fact the term he used was "Brothers-in-Arms".[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]Now I have already said on here that the GB don’t need me to talk for them; they are very capable indeed; but I am hoping that they think the same as myself; and that is this; that I have absolutely NOTHING IN COMMON with anyone in that organisation.[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]The GB made their protest on Saturday because the Police and Scottish Government are in the process of implementing a law which will criminalise Celtic fans for singing about their heritage and culture.[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]On the other hand over at the home of the Evil Empire; they sings songs of hatred against our heritage and culture; not forgetting our perceived religious allegiances.[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]Mr Spiers assertion came on the back of the demonstration at Snake Mountain last night by the BO (excuse the pun). They had apparently displayed banners denouncing the SNP; not really a surprise coming from a support who gives backing to another Unionist Party; the BNP; and who regularly hold displays that are closer to Last Night at the Proms; than to the Edinburgh Tattoo.[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]They also displayed a banner which stated “FOOTBALL FANS NOT CRIMINALS” well it has been judged all over Europe that some of the songs they sing are racist and sectarian; therefore CRIMINAL.[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]We need to oppose the proposed new legislation; but I for one don’t intend to seek any sort of alliance with the Forces of Darkness to do so; we need to make our own case; a case which is 100& different from the case the BO would be promoting.[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]As I said the other day; this might well be the best chance we have had to unify our support; don’t miss the chance; the protest on Saturday by the GB was fantastic; and as long as they continue the protest in that manner they will receive the support of most of the fans.[COLOR=#000000:72db35f2]The message has been sent to the Government and the Police; we as Celtic Supporters will not accept being criminalised for supporting our team; we will defend that with all the resources available to us; what others do is the own business.

irish eyes

Re: " Sorry Mr Spiers, but the Green Brigade have nothing in common with the Blue Ord

Postby irish eyes » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:41 pm

I think the heat and the sunshine must have got to graham spiers if he's at all under the impression that the Green Brigade are "brothers-in-Arms with the bo. What a stupid thing to suggest imho.

Return to “CSA News”