"Now we need to show what we are made of"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Now we need to show what we are made of"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:42 pm

[COLOR=#000000:5ccd9189]Following on from the Wednesday night in the highlands, we need to push on now and win every domestic match; I say domestic match because quite frankly I don’t care about the Europa league; if I was Lenny I would try and win the home matches and play fringe players in the remaining away matches.[COLOR=#000000:5ccd9189]I don’t know how much influence it had on last week’s disappointing display at Snake Mountain; but I can’t see any way it would have helped, three important away matches in six days obviously was too much for us to handle.[COLOR=#000000:5ccd9189]Tomorrow brings another enemy back to Celtic Park, Terry Butcher seems to get the most out of his players when they are playing against us; I guess that’s when his motivating team talks are the most fervent.[COLOR=#000000:5ccd9189]The big guy has a big chip on his shoulder when it comes to Celtic; I remember his moan at Frank Mc Avennie after the famous court case; he says to Macca; “that’s me got a criminal record now” the bold Macca replied; I’ll swap you”.[COLOR=#000000:5ccd9189]Anyway; forget about him; as long as we do our job to the best of our ability they result will be in our favour; we have enough good players to see them off tomorrow; as long as we play to our capabilities.[COLOR=#000000:5ccd9189]Next week at Little Snake Mountain will be a different proposition; we will be assured of a very hostile welcome; that’s historical; but again we have enough good players to beat them as well.[COLOR=#000000:5ccd9189]I’m sure Lenny and his staff will have reminded the players of their obligation to give their all in every match; and as long as they do that we will be okay for the rest of the season; onwards and upwards.

Return to “CSA News”