"Smith was no friend to Celtic, lets get rid of Peat as well"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Smith was no friend to Celtic, lets get rid of Peat as well"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:06 pm

[SIZE=3:f607241e]Now that Gordon Smith has done the honourable thing for the first time in his career, lets hope that someone is appointed who will act in interests of the whole of Scottish football; not just his favourite team.[/SIZE:f607241e]

offshorebhoy

Re: "Smith was no friend to Celtic, lets get rid of Peat as well"

Postby offshorebhoy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:03 pm

what's the betting on walter(the man with no surname) getting a shout in from his beloved media joe, the sfa will have to get the right(rangers) man for the job afterall. hail hail

neukbhoy

Postby neukbhoy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm

what difference will it make he will just be replaced by another rangers man, same old story somethings will never change.:highfive:

celticrally

Postby celticrally » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Don't be fooled by the Gordon Smith is a Rangers man ideology- It's the SFA that is ancient and protected by a network of minnows who think they are giants in the Scottish game.

It's the dismantling of the system that will make the game better and fairer in the long run. The game needs a mix of ex pro's and entrepreneur business men to exploit the potential (if there is any left ) within the game and provide a template to benefit the game in whole over the next 20 years.

There was a think tank many years ago that didn't get anything implemented so the HENRY McLEISH PLAN is nothing new. We all know that the game is stale with too many games and no real competition - it's either us or Rangers who win things. Not good.

Less games, more long term strategy will in the long term enhance our game - short sharp quick fixes don't work .

Getting rid of George Peat will be a start - A giant who oversaw the demise of Airdrieonians

Poca

Postby Poca » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:53 am

What I find interesting is that the SFA has had McLeish's report since March. [URL:3969d2d1]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8632793.stm[/URL:3969d2d1]

Also... I hope that Livingston still pursue their call for an investigation at the SFA. There is something rotten in the corridors of the SFA, and there needs to be a further clearout.

For a small nation, Scotland has too many football governing bodies as it is.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:22 pm

We can only hope that things will change for the better. However I will not hold my breath. Keep up the good work CELTIC fans and not let them get all of their own way. :clover:

max

Postby max » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:49 am

Get A campaign Going to get Big Cesar in there!!
No one in Scottish football is more worthy of the job, on every level.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Max
the one i thought of right away comes from a similar backgroung. They said Gordon Smith was the right choice because he ticked all the boxes; played, pundit, agent etc. Well the man i would suggest done all of the above only at a higher level of playing, but you can also add managed at the highest level. The man for me would be David Hay, i think maybe big Billy being seventy now it may be too late for him.

max

Postby max » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

I'll Go with that Joe.
With the greatest respect to Big Billy, Davie Hay Is probably the better option, ( if we're going into the realms of fantasy!!!
He's been across the board holding just about every position possible in the game.
From player coming up theough the ranks, coaching, management, scouting, advisory positions, and many more profesional footballing appointments in between.
Good shout.

Cesar has a full time job as it is being the embassador to the club he played such a big part in making so globally famous, Celtic FC!!

offshorebhoy

Postby offshorebhoy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:55 pm

a just cant see any celtic minded guy getting near a decent job in the SFA. if it ever happened it would be a token job with no real say in anything important. the SFA will only give big jobs to the men who came from the shame or supported them. a celtic minded guy such as davie hay would tell everyone what was going on and that would never be aloud to happen am afraid, a see danny mcgrain was saying the ref had another old firm nightmare and suprise suprise we never got 3 stonewallers but hey am sure it was just the same old honest mistakes !!!! hail hail KTF.

Return to “CSA News”